• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Skaak

Skaak

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hey X-wingers,

I'm still not very familiar with the cards (played very few games so far), so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for how to scale point totals. I know 30 (or 31) is a pretty good number for just the core set, but what's a good number for the core set plus one copy of all Wave 1 ships (so three TIE, 1 TIE advanced, 2 X-wing, 1 Y-wing)? 50? 60? Something else?

If there's an existing resource with suggested point totals for smaller games/limited ship selection online already, I'd love if you'd post the link. Google wasn't very much help (or I just wasn't finding the right keywords).

Thanks!

#2 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

There's nothing official other than the 31 point for a starter set and 100 point for tournaments. This are just there suggested limits. An intermediate level I like playing is 66 points (as in Order “66”) but 60 to 70 points I think would be a good medium level game. Doesn't allow Imperials to swarm to much and rebels would be limited to 2 named pilots or 3 generic pilots.

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#3 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

There's a couple of cool resources for you…

Voidstate's Squad Builder is a favourite of mine, as is this randomiser, the author of which I can't recall.  Plug in the ships you have and presto!

If you have three TIE/ln and a TIE/x1 you can get a pretty good game going and you'll easily fill 50pts.  Try it out with various combos and have fun!

"There is no point to owning a copy of the rules if you aren't committed to actually reading them."

#4 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

I have a table full of people who have their own ships and we came up with a 35pt build for one ship for each person when 4 or more of us are together.I haven't had it come up but I would limit ties to one nammed or two obsidian or lower, two protoypes for A-wings as some of the players want to fly multiple ships. We wanted a point total where you could at least throw a couple of upgrades onto a ship.

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 4 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 3 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 CR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 1 Tie Phantom, 1 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11 of 11; (S)3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; ®12 of 28

#5 DingusFett

DingusFett

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Because I currently have a very limited number of ships (I own a core set, A-Wing, and Interceptor), whenever I can get a friend around to play, we use 60 points. Soon looking to get another core set and raise it to 80-85 points.

#6 gabriel69

gabriel69

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

until you buy a second core 50 points.

"I encounter civilians like you all the time. You believe the Empire is continually plotting to do harm. Let me tell you, your view of the Empire is far too dramatic. The Empire is a government. It keeps billions of beings fed and clothed. Day after day, year after year, on thousands of worlds, people live their lives under Imperial rule without seeing a stormtrooper or hearing a TIE fighter scream overhead."
―Captain Thrawn

#7 Skaak

Skaak

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! It sounds like a small number of ships does best with 50-70 points. I'll give that a shot! Thanks also for the links to the squad builders; those are really handy.

I also like the idea of multiple players with 35 points per person; that's a clever idea for inducting more than a single person at a time into the addiction without needing a huge fleet on hand.

#8 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

For quick games during open boardgaming night at the FLGS, we often do 50 or 70 points.  This is also helful because on those nights we're just playing on 2.5' x 6' wide tables that fold in the middle, so we set up on one end with 2.5' x 3'.  The smaller point builds aren't in as much danger of flying off board where Star Destroyers will blast them.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS