Photo

Introducing new players to the game - What's stopping you?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,797 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Introducing new players to the game - What's stopping you?

For my group, we've settled on 4 players.  I just don't have time to start another group.  Our meet-up advertisement when we're short nets us players every time we have turnover, but again, the group is simply full.  There's interest for sure and people have really taken a liking to the game.  Our tradtional warhammer players (who played 1e or 2e) have converted more easily than people who only know D&D/pathfinder or heavens, the  MMO/console gamers.  They have a much harder time concieving of a character that may die, get disease, permanent injuries, insanities, curses or simply be walking around still wounded between sessions with an empty purse and it's raining.  :)

Another thing that holds me back is that I would like to have a couple more convention friendly scenarios to play out.  I'm thinking for our next campaign that I'll maybe run a two-rounder with one of the official scenarios, but most people want to play new stuff and there's a paucity of that out there.

Also:   Just a short while ago (minutes actually right?), FFG posted this helpful thing on Character Generation:.  What do you think of it?  Would it be useful for new players to go to for their information:  http://www.fantasyfl...ws.asp?eidn=820

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS