Photo

Playing Multiple Spells (Securing Dice) After A Roll?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Vala_Melkor

Vala_Melkor

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

Hi Guys … I've just had a game with my pebs and we came across a question.

PJ had two securing dice spell cards … a single & double … so he rolled his dice and played both spells after his first roll, securing three dice.  Was he allowed to do this? Can u play as many spells as u like after a single roll, or only one spell per roll??

Any advice appreciated! … Walts

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... [laughs] Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched cBeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

#2 xfoley8

xfoley8

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

I think this is perfectly legal.  Haven't seen anything in the rules to indicate you can't.

#3 Vala_Melkor

Vala_Melkor

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

We used the same principle as the clues tokens … u can keep using them till u run out of dice!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... [laughs] Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched cBeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

#4 TheTurnipKing

TheTurnipKing

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Elder Sign Omens allows it.

#5 dulepant

dulepant

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Well, I think you can use all the spells you want but… can you use them after a succesfull roll or after a failure one?

#6 Turgul01

Turgul01

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

I would say either way, so long as you had a die to lose if you did not complete a row.

#7 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,490 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

dulepant said:

Well, I think you can use all the spells you want but… can you use them after a succesfull roll or after a failure one?

They can be used to secure dice even after a successful roll. If you look at the example given on page 13 of the revised rules, you have such a case: the terror result is secured even if the final task of the card was completed with the other dice.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#8 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

TheTurnipKing said:

Elder Sign Omens allows it.

I wouldn't take Omens into account when talking about the boardgame due to changes in some mechanics.

"To each of us falls a task. And all the Emperor requires of us Guardsmen is that we stand in line, and we die fighting. It is what we do best: we die standing."

-General Sturnn, Cadian 412th regiment

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS