Ideas for double YT List?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Germaniac

Germaniac

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

Just to see the face of my Opponent: I'd love to fly two big buckets against his Tie swarm, so I came up with this:

Han Solo

• Swarm Tactics
  • Shield Upgrade
  • Luke
  • Assault Missles

OR Smuggler

• Shield Upgrade
  • Gunner

So two heavily shielded YTs with Pilot Skill 9, target locks as Actions, Gunners to add more *Pew* and Assault Missels for a big opening salvo.

He usually fields 4 Ties Academy Pilots, some named Pilot and Vader and forms two Squads. The Idea is to to kill or damage the named Pilot with the Assault Missles at start and damage his two wingmans. (Yes its risky, but what the hell :) ) After that it should be possible to punch it out.

C&C welcome

#2 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

Germaniac said:

Just to see the face of my Opponent: I'd love to fly two big buckets against his Tie swarm, so I came up with this:

Han Solo

• Swarm Tactics
  • Shield Upgrade
  • Luke
  • Assault Missles

OR Smuggler

• Shield Upgrade
  • Gunner

So two heavily shielded YTs with Pilot Skill 9, target locks as Actions, Gunners to add more *Pew* and Assault Missels for a big opening salvo.

He usually fields 4 Ties Academy Pilots, some named Pilot and Vader and forms two Squads. The Idea is to to kill or damage the named Pilot with the Assault Missles at start and damage his two wingmans. (Yes its risky, but what the hell :) ) After that it should be possible to punch it out.

C&C welcome

Try this grouping: 

Han Solo

Elusiveness; Concussion Missiles; Millenium Falcon

Chewbacca

Draw Their Fire, Concussion missiles (or swap missiles for shield upgrade or engine upgrade)

This pairing mitigates damage like crazy. Opening salvo is double missiles at a choice target (s). Then Chewie shadows Han and pulls crits off of him while Han avoids heavy fire with elusiveness and evade. Chewie ignnores crits when he gets them so he can just keep pulling crits off of Han and that make the effort to splash two YT's at the same time tough for your opponent.

Also, aside from evade and base actions, all abilities will work with overlapping so swarms can bump into you as much as they want.

Another option is to drop the missiles and either go for the engine upgrade or shield upgrade for extra toughness.

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 4 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 3 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 CR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 1 Tie Phantom, 1 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11 of 11; (S)3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; ®12 of 28

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS