Photo

Want to introduce players to wfrp, which adventure do you suggest?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 telkryn

telkryn

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Greetings everyone!

So I'm new here, and still very new to wfrp 3ed. I've played lots of rpg (warhammer 2nd, pathfinder, D&D 3.5/4) and now i want to introduce my friends to wfrp 3rd. I have almost everything released so far (except for one or 2 pod).

I'd like to run something that would give us about 10-12 hours of gameplay, so we can test the system and have a "feel" for it.

Which adventure should I be running, which is the best experience for a new group (they know warhammer setting though) for about that much time?

Thanks a lot!

Telk

#2 socratim

socratim

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Go with Eye for an Eye. Should be 10-12 hours with adjusting dice pools and everything.

We liked it a lot!

#3 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

Eye for an Eye!  Lots of fun, and has a great WFRP feal.  Great into adventure!

#4 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Personally, I don't think Eye for an Eye is appropriate as a first adventure. It's fun, but it's tough for a GM to manage, many NPCs, and many locations. It is also not linear at all.

I prefer Journey to Black Fire Pass as an intro adventure, as it's linear, fun, easy to manage for the GM, and very WFRP like for the players.

#5 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:26 AM

I agree that Eye for an Eye is depanding on the GM, not for system/rules reasons but simply the fluid situation to manage.  Now that is part of what I like about Warhammer (Rough Night at Three Feathers being my all time favourite adventure) but it's tough if you're not an experienced GM and also new to system.

If you're comfortable with a fluid situation, it can work.  Otherwise, I think the "episodic" Gathering Storm is a good introduction.

#6 Johann Rowlocks

Johann Rowlocks

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

I found "The Witches Song" to be fun and straightforward.

#7 khaali

khaali

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

My advise is Black Fire Path. I have used it as an introduction to WFRP3 and it does a very good job
 - it can be played in 1 game session,
 - it is straightforward and uses all the game basics
 - the characters are pre-generated, and have a real background integrated in the scenario

Creating the characters can be too long with players new to WFRP3 ("ok, now choose your 2 action cards in this 100 cards pack"), so using pre-generated is very recommended.

#8 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

khaali said:

My advise is Black Fire Path. I have used it as an introduction to WFRP3 and it does a very good job
 - it can be played in 1 game session,
 - it is straightforward and uses all the game basics
 - the characters are pre-generated, and have a real background integrated in the scenario

Creating the characters can be too long with players new to WFRP3 ("ok, now choose your 2 action cards in this 100 cards pack"), so using pre-generated is very recommended.

Character creation seems easier when you've got somethign to start with and compare to.  I'd agree that the pregens are a great idea for Black Fire Pass.

For Eye for an Eye, I suggest the pre-generated characters from Liber Fanatica 7, and also see the completions from later products that I uploaded to RPGGeek:

http://www.liberfana...F7download.html

http://rpggeek.com/i...nter-new-perils

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS