Idea for future small expansions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Problem : the small expansions concentrate on adding adventure cards and the Adventure 

deck is already HUGE so any new expansions added cards wont really be seen

very often.

Solution: add a new mechanic with future small expansions where the new cards aren't

shuffled into the main adventure deck but instead are part of a new deck.

But not just another adventure deck it would have to be something special or specific.

What would this new deck be or do?  Details… details…

#2 Bludgeon

Bludgeon

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

I guess it could be cool if there were separate deck for day and night, but I don't think this will happen.

Other than that, maybe one deck for outer realm, and one for middle realm? Also I don't think FFG will go down this route.

So, no idea really.

#3 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

Well…

how about a game dynamic that causes more cards to be drawn (from the Adventure Deck). ?

Or a mechanic that allows Adventure cards to be drawn in stead of other decks (when you're in the other regions). ?

#4 Bolithio

Bolithio

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

I dont think the game is ment to be played with ALL expansions at once. If you only shuffle in one card expansion and one board expansion per game, you will have a much more balanced game.

#5 Bludgeon

Bludgeon

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

Bolithio said:

I dont think the game is ment to be played with ALL expansions at once. If you only shuffle in one card expansion and one board expansion per game, you will have a much more balanced game.

I always play with all expansions. Only changed rules of Dragon and removed the Reaper figure from the game.

#6 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Bolithio said:

Certainly that is a choice, to not use all expansions at once.

However, there is nothing in the rules, or verbiage that suggests that. Indeed it says Dragons, like ALL expansions are completely compatible with each other.

We must have different ideas about balance in a game, because if I was playing without, say the Blood Moon, I would feel that the balance is off because there aren't enough supernatural or horror elements.

Another person would say that about not using the Dungeon expansion.  "How can you have a D/D type game with NO dungeons?"

It would be interesting if this list had a polling function and we could trust it to take a poll on how many players use all sets, vs some, or just 1, etc.

#7 Graverobber

Graverobber

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

How about a ship mechanic that allows you to have sea adventures on the way from the City's docks to the Outer Region? Something like a special card to show that your character is at sea and then sea cards he/she takes while there; maybe you have to take a certain number of cards (one per turn) to reach your destination…

One other idea is a Monopoly-style deal with real estate the characters can buy; you could build castles/forts on spaces you "own"… and have cool little models for them.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS