3 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

This is duplicated from the GMs forums.  Anyways, this is our ideal setup:

Character sheet in sheet protector so you can use vis a vis marker or counters to mark stress/fatigue/stance/fortune point use.

Album sheet with all your Advanced Action cards. As you're either reckless or green, you can flip this accordingly.  We also put career cards, talent cards (because we don't socket), etc. in there.

Basic action sheet (either on Gitzman's sheet or the small print-out).  As we removed "counting" for defenses, that makes that area smaller.

Table Tent with career card on front for picture

Wooden card holder for dynamic/temporary cards:  wounds, temp insanities, conditions, etc.

Lastly, a rolling area where players can share dice or not mix dice (as desired)

What else would you have on yours?   Also, if there is anything there you'd like to see in more detail, let me know and i"ll shoot and upload some more photos.

#2 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

That card holder is an awesome idea, saves so much room,  (cant seem get enter to work to move me to a new line)  I wonder if there other ideas out there that people use that I have never thought of.

#3 flyndad

flyndad

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:22 AM

LOVE the wooden condition/wound card holders,…  going to set off to make a few right after this post!  

One thing that has always botherd me are that the wound cards take up a good bit of space on the table unless you stack them, but then it is difficult to see, at a glance, how many wounds you have.

I have been trying to think of a way to resolve this and your wooden trays gave me an idea.

I am thinking I could take a single wound card (or better yet a small "card" that has an actual picture of the character on BOTH sides) and place it in one of your wooden stand up bases. Then, when that character takes wounds, I could use some sort of VERY VERY small, plastic clothes pin (or any very small spring type clip) and simply attach them to the edge of the card so they stick out a little beyond the edge of the card.

Of course they should be RED in color and easy to just squeeze to add and remove.

This would reduce table consumption a great deal and create an easy visual for not only the characters player, but all the players would be able to easily see how wounded everyone else is,… 

Now,…   to find the little red, plastic clothes pins,….. 

Great idea Emirikol

#4 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:48 AM

It's been a while since I've snapped a pic of my player's play areas, but here's an example of what it looked like during our first handful of games a couple of years ago:

WFRP 3 player area

As you can see, the player was still using the cheat sheet rules summary cards (lower right) that were created by Universal Head. We were using blue glass beads to represent fortune points at the time.

Since this first run of sessions, most of my players have taken to stacking their action cards in a deck and only "playing" them when an action is recharging. This saves a ton of space.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS