• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BillMctosh

BillMctosh

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

Hi Everyone,

My name is Stuart and I'm new to this forum and totally new to RPG's.

I have read lots of 40k fiction so I'm familiar with the world of 40k.

I've just bought the Only war core rules and the GM toolkit, but I don't really know anyone who is interested in rpg's, so unfortunatly this will mainly be a solo experience for me.

I've been reading quite a bit about a system called Mythic game master emulator which can be used in conjunction with rpg's, this basically takes control of the GM.

Does anyone have experience of using this?

Cheers

#2 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Greetings!

I'm afraid I cannot help you with regards to your question - however, perhaps you should try to find an online group? It is quite possible to play this game via media such as IRC or Skype, and fun! I've played with these guys in the past myself, but perhaps you will be able to find a group on this forum as well, or any other 40k fan forum.

current 40k RPG character: Aura Vashaan, Astromancer Witch-Priestess
previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter -- debriefed), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors -- KIA), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose -- assassinated), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia -- retired), Taleera "Raven" Nephran (Hive Ganger & Inquisitorial Assassin -- mindwiped)

#3 BillMctosh

BillMctosh

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

Thanks for the link Lynata, I'll check it out.

Does anyone know how I could play the adventures in the book as a solo adventure?

#4 chriscdoa

chriscdoa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Firstly i'd try to find an online group - try this forum or google+ groups.

Failing that i have used Mythic in the past to set up stories and it works quite well. However i was doing that because i had myself and another player so we still had character interaction. I don't think any RPG would work all that well solo, but if you are just looking at having a small unit and needing something to represent a GM throwing baddies at you give it a go. I reccomend creating a bunch of random event table first - like who is the enemy, whats the mission, the location etc

#5 BaronIveagh

BaronIveagh

• Members
  • 901 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

If you're looking for online 40k rp groups, try www.darkreign.org

#6 torque42

torque42

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

roll20.net Video conferencing, map, tokens/cover images, character sheets, rolls, etc. are all done through the client. I'd be up for GMing a game if worst came to worst, but it would be my first time GMing.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS