Administratum

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Azure Consul

Azure Consul

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Alright I can't find it anywhere in the forums. I going to throw it out there. The Administrtum book is next. I know everyone clowers in fear and the groans are numerous, but come on people we need another social interaction book. Ascension was released over 3 year ago and it really just bearly scratched the surface of the power games played by nobles and the other organizations of the Adeptus within the Imperium. Influence (profit factor coff*) is an interesting way of measuring how you change the course of an investigation or even sign the death warrant on a world, but what about the individual contact you can foster as an Adept working for the greatest data mining network in the history of Mankind.

Your thoughts?

#2 Bassemandrh

Bassemandrh

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

I would prefer an Ordo Xenos book as the next one, but Administratum wouldnt be too bad either as we make great use of Adepts.

Actually i would also love a book or a series of book that focus on the sector and its sub-sectors, with information on prominent people in it/them.

#3 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

I don't think a straight Administratum sourcebook would sell very well (I'd buy it, but I don't think it would have broad appeal), and I'm worried that DH may be one poor-selling book away from being written off by FFG. I'd much rather see an Ordo Xenos sourcebook…

#4 Alekzanter

Alekzanter

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

I agree with Adeptus-B.

If FFG drop an Ordo Xenos book that includes Ordo-specific people, places, and plots, a selction of 15-25 Xeno creatures/Races/lost cultures, sprinkles it liberally with Ordo Xenos kit and gear (and maybe even explores some Xeno-related areas of the Callixis Sector that have already been mentioned, but in further detail), and give us a page count equal to DotDG (approx 240), I'd probably be willing to eat one of my siblings for a chance to buy it. Not all at once, but…

#5 KommissarK

KommissarK

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

Reminds me I need to write up that scenario I keep running through with my friends:

Terror in the Fileroom, an all Adept Dark Heresy one-shot with a primary focus of making the game feel like clue.

Cram a bunch of eggheads with no combat training in a locked building, the occasional weapon, and a murder mystery, and watch the fun happen.

#6 Cymbel

Cymbel

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

That sounds like an awesome adventure!

#7 Luthor Harkon

Luthor Harkon

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

Bassemandrh said:

Actually i would also love a book or a series of book that focus on the sector and its sub-sectors, with information on prominent people in it/them.

/signed

A book like Jericho Reach and/or Achillus Assault for the Dark Heresy setting would be great. It's almost an irony that the bacbground richest books came out for the setting that is most "dakka-dakka".

An Administratum book would be great either, best a combination of both. Let's face it, the Administratum is the mother agency of the Departmento Munitorium and thus the Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy. A book full of a description of the Imperial Guard regiments mustered and/or on duty within the Calixis sector as well as a description of the Battlefeet Calixis and including the whole power structure of all these organizations on every level (i.e. planetary up to (sub-)sector-wide and beyond (i.e. link to the segmentum command)) would be great. Much better than any Ordo Xenos book in my opinion. We already have loads of xenos creatures throughout the books in print in my view…

#8 Azure Consul

Azure Consul

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

I do not think that FFG will end Dark Heresy even if book sales tamper off. Besides even if Dark Heresy becomes a dormat or eveb dead product line it can be revitalized by introducing Dark Heresy 2nd Edition! "And now with all new character creations rules and equipment". Same thing we have all seen with our favorite RPG.

I would like all the book mentioned to be published. An Ordo Xeno's book would be nice as well, but I have a special place in my heart for the cowering Adept with stub pistol holding on to a valuable tome needed by his Inquisitor to stop some unknowable evil from the Warp. Seeing Battlefleet Calixis with rules for Battleship stats would be nice as well. I would like to see more involving the Storm Wardens who are left in the Calixis Sector also. They have done every other major Imperial organization except the Administratum, Ordo Xenos, and Ordo Hereticus. The small mention of the Ordo Hereticus in the Blood of Martyrs book doesn't do them justice and the Deathwatch book does not count as the Ordo Xenos book. I want a book for Acolytes and Throne Agents in the Ordos. A Calixis Sector guide book that ties a couple of games lines together would be very nice.

#9 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

It wouldn't be bad with an Administratum book but then again ANY Dark Heresy book would be nice. If they go with the Administratum they could probably also get the Psyker stuff in there as well.

#10 Luthor Harkon

Luthor Harkon

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

Gurkhal said:

It wouldn't be bad with an Administratum book but then again ANY Dark Heresy book would be nice. If they go with the Administratum they could probably also get the Psyker stuff in there as well.

Absolutely. They should combine the Adeptus Administratum and the Adeptus Astra Telepathica in one book. For the AAT part details on the League of Blackships and especially the Scholastia Psykana in the Calixis Sector would be great. Routes for the former and subsidiaries for the latter within the sector would help any GM a lot. Especially since there is about no information at all in the 40K background so far. Even though Blood of Martyrs and Book of Judgement was a bit of a let down fluff-wise, something like them could do theses organizations justice.

#11 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

KommissarK said:

Reminds me I need to write up that scenario I keep running through with my friends:

Terror in the Fileroom, an all Adept Dark Heresy one-shot with a primary focus of making the game feel like clue.

Cram a bunch of eggheads with no combat training in a locked building, the occasional weapon, and a murder mystery, and watch the fun happen.

"It was Col. Mustardus in the Librarium with a monoknife!"

Seriously, check out The Name Of The Rose (the novel by Umberto Eco, or the movie adaptation staring Sean Connery if you don't have time to read the book) for a good example of an Administratum-type murder mystery. NotR is set in a Midevel (sp?) monastary, which bears no small resemblance to the Administratum…

#12 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Adeptus-B said:

Seriously, check out The Name Of The Rose (the novel by Umberto Eco, or the movie adaptation staring Sean Connery if you don't have time to read the book) for a good example of an Administratum-type murder mystery. NotR is set in a Midevel (sp?) monastary, which bears no small resemblance to the Administratum…

I'll second that. I always wanted to turn that into a DH scenario.

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

#13 ranoncles

ranoncles

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

It has been my sad experience that such ínvestigative adventures hardly ever work. It is practically impossible to convey the subtle hints that should tip off the players and help them figure out the mystery. They are more likely to resort to violence (and if that fails to even more violence). Think lethal weapon rather than sherlock holmes….

Unless you take all their weapons away and make very clear (use simple words and copious drawings) that this adventure is to be played as an investigation it will spiral out of control and searching for clues becomes encouraging suspects to confess.

Maybe the best you can hope for is a 'Hot Fuzz' scenario in which everything looks benign but in the end turns over the top violent….YMMV

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS