Least Favorite Quest

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

What is your 3 least favorite quests? Put them in order from worst at the top and best of the worst at the bottom.

Here's mine:

Road To Rivendell

Return to Mirkwood

Shadow and Flame

What are yours? 

Khamul

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#2 NotAZombie

NotAZombie

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

Way to be a downer :P

#3 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Emin Muil Road to Rivvendell Watcher in the water Dead marches Actually all quest which is difficulty less then 6 in first and second cycle not deserve attention

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#4 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Emin Muil Road to Rivvendell Watcher in the water Dead marches Actually all quest which is difficulty less then 6 in first and second cycle not deserve attention

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#5 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Ah, there are so many of them. Road to Rivendell (because of Sleeping Sentry). Shadow and Flame (because it's ridiculous). The Pelegar quests are annoying too because they are ridiculously hard. But, moving beyond the "hard" quests, I tend to not like the Gollum themed quests because I just don't care for Gollum very much. 

#6 DevastazioneH88

DevastazioneH88

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Shadow and Flame is my favourite…it's an awsome scenario…why don't you like it guys ?…

as for my least favourite :

1) Return to Mirkwood (too much luck involved when playing solo, if you get an attercop on turn one and your cards are bad or you don't have three attacking heroes you're dead, if you get gollum's bite during setup and have no 5 hp heroes you're dead, if you get the gollum's anguish and can't cancel it you're dead…I think I gave my point)

2) We Must away ere Break of Day (it's a bit boring and lacks some action…very limited enemies)

3)The Lonely Mountain - The Battle of Lake-Town (the idea is not bad but I really don't like when fights are so limited in a scenario, plus in the lonely mountin you have to build your deck focusing more on how cards match in cost, sphere etc then on real deckbuilding) 

#7 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

1) Rhosgobel - I hate just everything about this adventure.

2) Return to Mirkwood - because it had so much potential but they screwed it for solo players.

3) The third adventure from Hobbit1 - that riddle mechanic is stupid.

#8 JonofPDX

JonofPDX

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

1) Dungeons Deep and Caverns Grim (I HATE the riddle--bad design)

2) Road to Rivendell (which may be more fun now that I regularly run Balin)

3) Hunt for Golum (I don't mind Hills so much, but HfG Can take FOREVER if you get some bad draws--again, Balin might help though)

#9 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

I quite dislike Khazad-dum. Never come back to it, it really did not capture the theme I was imagining, and it is little fun to play. I really like Anduin and Dol Guldur, Hunt, Carrock, Return to Mirkwood, Osgiliath is probably my favourite but Pelargir and Ithilien are also very interesting. I am not answering the question though; yeah, least favourite are Khazad-dum and some of the Dwarrodelf, Shadow and Flame is quite boring.

Now that I have read the posts above, I agree about Rhosgobel. It is utterly weird to make a quest where having one or two cards (Healing Herbs and Lore of Imladris come to mind) make a difference between winning or losing; there should always be more ways about it; and you can win without the cards but with them it is way, way easier.

I used to hate the riddles but I changed my mind; it can be frustrating but also fun. It was a great feeling winning it for the first time.

#10 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

Thanks guys! These kinds of questions really interest me.  I love know what other peoples favorites and least favorites are.  

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#11 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Haven't played all quest due to little time, missing HoN and Hobbit.

Favourite is Journey down Anduin, Carrock, Rhosgobel and the last from Khazad-dum…

Dislike second from khazad-dum and the Road to Rivendel.

Also, had great fun in Massing at Osgiliath, mostly in 4 player (I know I'm crazy)

Carlos José Matos

#12 benhanses

benhanses

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

While I like most of the "themes" for the encounter decks, I do have some dislikes based on the fact that I play primarly solo…

1)  Return to Mirkwood:     … enough said.

2)  Return to Mirkwood:    …. really hate this encounter.

3)  Return to Mirkwood:    ….. starting to sense a pattern here???

"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis

#13 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

It really is a design problem that some quests scale so poorly.  "Return to Mirkwood," "A Journey to Rhosgobel," and "Dungeons Deep and Caverns Dim" get a lot of hate from solo players.  I never play solo, so these quests look very different from my perspective.  RtM and DDaCD are really fun for me.  Everyone's experience is different!  But, as this thread is about least favorites, I'll list mine, and then give reasons below for those who care to read:

1) Into Ithilien 

2) Flight from Moria

Into Ithilien -- feels to me like victory is too heavily dependent upon lucky encounter draw (kind of like Rhosgobel for solo players).

Flight from Moria -- there are few cards available to deal with Treachery effects.  AToW can outright cancel "When Revealed," and Eleanor can cancel at the danger of pulling a worse card.  There is a ton of treachery in this deck, but still most cards available in the card pool primarily enhance the player's ability to deal with locations and enemies.  We need some cards that mitigate treachery card effects without outright canceling them.  There is always gross encounter deck manipulation (Out of the Wild, Risk Some Light, etc), but I'm looking forward to cards that specifically target treachery in the future.  Until that kind of card becomes more available in the card pool, this is a quest that scales awfully for larger player groups.

I couldn't find any other quests that I really don't enjoy.  I can have plenty of fun with all the others, I think!  Even the ones that beat me senseless, like The Siege of Cair Andros or Escape from Dol Guldur.

#14 nismojoe

nismojoe

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Riddle Quest. 

Worst one.

#15 rekath16

rekath16

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

The worst and most ridiculous quest is Dungeons Deep and Caverns Dim. I also dont like Shadows & Flame and the annoying Hunt for Gollum.

Der Wille war da, aber das Fleisch war schwach.

#16 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:44 AM

previously as a solo card player i would have put dol guldur staight away, but given my 'conversion' to double handed playing i would say

hobbit box 1, quest 3 (riddle one)

return to mirkwood

shadow and flame

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#17 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:29 AM

So you're done playing solo rich?!?!  What do you think of two handed? Liking it? Are you going to switch back to solo ever?

Thanks

Khamul

#18 Ted Sandyman

Ted Sandyman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

Thats like saying; Pick your least favourite out of these:

Beer

Women

Football (soccer)

Chinese food

Just embrace them all for what they are.

#19 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

Khamul The Easterling said:

So you're done playing solo rich?!?!  What do you think of two handed? Liking it? Are you going to switch back to solo ever?

Thanks

Khamul

sorry for the late reply….had my head buried in physics for far too long to be good for me haha

the answer i think is yes…..i am pretty much done playing solo handed

its wierd saying that since i ferociously defeneded solo right from the start…i lost count of the arguments i had saying this game holds up on its own for solo….

and it does. im not saying different to that, its just a close friend introduced me to two handed and i realised just what i was missing out on the relationship between decks…ranged/sentinel etc.

i also love being able to make an absolute killer tactics deck to go with a questing deck….something you cant yet do in solo

so yes..im converted :)

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#20 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

I think it would be wierd to have two hands of cards that you are looking at at the same time.  I't also would require lots more thinking and time during turns.  And you wouldn't get a suprise of what the other player would be playing.  BUt the good things are that you would be able to see lots more encounter cards and you could like you said use all the ranged and sentinal.(I'm thinking Haldir right now) So are these assumptions true?  

Khamul

P.S. Tried Brand yet??? What do you think of him now??

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS