• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ret Nunner

Ret Nunner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Hey guys,

Fairly new to NetRunner but am loving it.  I just recently got my 2nd core set so I can build optimal decks.  I start with Anarach and I've stuck with them.  Here's the deck I'm running now:

[Ice-Breackers/Run Support]

3x Djinn

3x Datasucker

3x Parasite

2x IMP

1x Crypsis

1x Gordian Blade [3]

1x Yog.0

2x Corroder

2x Mimic

2x Ice Carver

[Card Draw/Support]

3x Wyldside

2x Public Sympathy

3x Test Run [9]

3x Infiltration

[Economy]

1x Magnum Opus [2]

3x Liberated Accounts

3x Armitage Codebusting

3x Sure Gamble

3x Cyberfeeder

1x Easy Mark [1]

This deck is built around Test Run, Wyldside and Djinn.  Wyldside seems particularily powerful to me as an engine.  You loose an action but each action you DO spend is incredibly efficient.  With Public Sympathy out it also negates double Scorched Earth. The number of options you get via your cards in hand offsets the loss of action, I hope.  I love the Anarch breakers because they work so nicely with the ICE-strength reduction.  Cheap runs!

Concerns I have are:  Should I be playing Magnum Opus?  If I only have 3 actions per turn is it worth using?  Can I just lean on Wyldside to draw me into any of:  Codebusting, Liberated Accounts, Sure Gamble?  How can I improve my economy?

Is Test Run worth it in a deck with 3 Wyldside?  I'll have to add more ICE-Breakers but I will get 9 Influence to spend on other cards.  What are the non-Anarch cards I really should be running here?

Thanks for any help/advice in advance.

#2 sharoth

sharoth

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Ret Nunner said:

Hey guys,

Fairly new to NetRunner but am loving it.  I just recently got my 2nd core set so I can build optimal decks.  I start with Anarach and I've stuck with them.  Here's the deck I'm running now:

[Ice-Breackers/Run Support]

3x Djinn

3x Datasucker

3x Parasite

2x IMP

1x Crypsis

1x Gordian Blade [3]

1x Yog.0

2x Corroder

2x Mimic

2x Ice Carver

[Card Draw/Support]

3x Wyldside

2x Public Sympathy

3x Test Run [9]

3x Infiltration

[Economy]

1x Magnum Opus [2]

3x Liberated Accounts

3x Armitage Codebusting

3x Sure Gamble

3x Cyberfeeder

1x Easy Mark [1]

This deck is built around Test Run, Wyldside and Djinn.  Wyldside seems particularily powerful to me as an engine.  You loose an action but each action you DO spend is incredibly efficient.  With Public Sympathy out it also negates double Scorched Earth. The number of options you get via your cards in hand offsets the loss of action, I hope.  I love the Anarch breakers because they work so nicely with the ICE-strength reduction.  Cheap runs!

Concerns I have are:  Should I be playing Magnum Opus?  If I only have 3 actions per turn is it worth using?  Can I just lean on Wyldside to draw me into any of:  Codebusting, Liberated Accounts, Sure Gamble?  How can I improve my economy?

Is Test Run worth it in a deck with 3 Wyldside?  I'll have to add more ICE-Breakers but I will get 9 Influence to spend on other cards.  What are the non-Anarch cards I really should be running here?

Thanks for any help/advice in advance.

1st and most important, there is one problem with Wyldside: you can´t trash that card yourself, so if you have no more cards to draw you are still stuck with only 3 clicks so your deck should have at least one Aesop´s Pawnshop.

2nd: you don´t have a console, why? Grimore works perfectly with your Viruses and you´ll need the additional MUs.

So to your questions:

You probably don´t need Magnum Opus, I have a Noise deck with 3 Armitages and 3 Libarated and 3 Hedge Funds and I hadn´t had any problems money-wise until now. Useing Parasites and Datasucker Tokens should help your economy if you face any problems. Though I see you´re not running any Deja Vus, which is very unusual, cause they can bring back your Parasites or a economical card if needed.

Running Testrun in your Deck is definatly worth cause it gives you an increased chance to get the cards you´re looking for at the right moment. Though I would probably prefer Special Order cause you´re not running any Programs except icebreakers or viruses, except that Magnum Opus and you can get your viruses through Djinn.

All in all you should do fine with this deck.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS