• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hi guys,

Just wanted to put these up here for discussion.  Without any weapons, the Nestt is useless in a combat situation, so the first two are just for missions and whatnot.  Tru'eb Cholakk and Gaor Tembon are both nominally Rebel sympathisers, so I would presume that the Nestt would be a Rebel ship, although really, we've been using the YT-1300 as an either/or, haven't we?

The Nestt is more manoeuvrable than the YT-1300 (stock), and has a better hull rating and shields.  It is harder to modify, though.  The title is for Gaor Tembon's ship, the Miv'ra Firestorm, which is said to have to shunt as much as 30% power to the power converters to mask the modifications from prying customs officials.  Hence the {Boost} action.  Gaor's Nestt also had heavier armour and a quad-laser cannon on a turret, so the cannon's fire arc is 360 degrees, although the regular shot is not.

Anything else I need to be aware of?

Core Worlds Captain
PS 1, A 0, D 1, H 7, S 5, Focus / Evade
Crew, Title, Modification

Mid-Rim Smuggler
PS 4, A 0, D 1, H 7, S 5, Focus / Evade
Crew, Title, Modification

Tru'eb Cholakk
PS 6, A 2, D 1, H 9, S 6,  Focus / Target Lock / Evade
Unique
When attacking with a secondary weapon, you may reroll 1 attack die.
Elite Pilot Talent, Crew, Cannon, Title, Modification

Gaor Tembon
PS 8, A 2, D 1, H 9, S 6,  Focus / Target Lock / Evade
Unique
When defending, you may reroll all of your dice.
If you choose to do so, you must reroll as many of your dice as possible.
Elite Pilot Talent, Crew, Cannon, Title, Modification

Title
“Miv'ra Firestorm”
Unique; Nestt light freighter only
Your action bar gains the {Boost} icon.

"There is no point to owning a copy of the rules if you aren't committed to actually reading them."

#2 Knight Watch Productions

Knight Watch Productions

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

Do you have a proposed base size or Ship model?  Besides being another version of a large class ship, what do you want it to add to the game? How about the ability for the quad-barrel laser cannon to destroy asteroids within range 1-3?

#3 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

I like what you have posted here, and this is a good group of pilots.  I would change Tru'eb Cholakk ability.  It's the same as Krassis.  The intent is to make him a good shot.  Lets change it to when firing a secondary weapon you may change a blank die into a hit.  This is similar in intent yet not the same as Krassis.  Or you could do something along these lines, While firing a secondary weapon enemy ships may not spend focus tokens while defending.  The last one might be OP.

#4 schoon

schoon

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

I think that he's misspelled the name. You can find info on it here: star wars.wikia.com/wiki/Nesst-class_light_freighter

#5 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Re: the spelling, check the article itself, and for further info, check here.

Re: the intent for the ship, I'm not really sure.  In the "What ships would you like to see next?" thread, I asked a similar question regarding the YT-2400.  I'm not sure what role it will fill, but my intent was to get the ship on the table and work it out from there.  This is all theory at the moment.

Re: the model, I have a couple of friends busy making a couple for me!  I'll need to work out cards and stuff too, but that's the fun bit!

Re: Tru'eb's ability, I did simply Copy+Paste from Krassis.  Because there's so little information to go on regarding the smuggler, I thought something that we know is balanced with the HLC would be easiest.  But I like the idea of a blank to a hit, or even a focus to a crit, since there's no missiles to speak of in the ship.

Re: getting rid of asteroids, I think that's a cool ability too.  Not sure if it works in practice though, since the asteroids are there to balance out the playing space… others with thoughts?

"There is no point to owning a copy of the rules if you aren't committed to actually reading them."

#6 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Some small changes… I've added points costs (derived from the Pilot Card Generator, much like the Z-95s) and was toying with the idea of reducing the named pilots' attack values to 0, to represent the fact that they can't attack without taking the cannon.  I've left it as is at the moment but am torn.  The other option would be to give all the ships an Attack of 1, in a 360 degree arc, to represent the limited "stock" capacity for weapons.  I've also changed Tru'eb's special ability according to suggestions from this thread.

Questions:  Do the points costs make sense?  Should the first two ships have access to the cannon, or even just the Mid-Rim Smuggler?  Anything else I could/should add?

Core-worlder - 19pts
PS 1, A 0, D 1, H 7, S 5, Focus / Evade
Crew, Title, Modification

Mid-Rim Smuggler - 22pts
PS 4, A 0, D 1, H 7, S 5, Focus / Evade
Crew, Title, Modification

or

Mid-Rim Smuggler - 25pts
PS 4, A 0, D 1, H 7, S 5, Focus / Evade
Crew, Title, Cannon, Modification

Tru'eb Cholakk - 36pts
PS 6, A 2, D 1, H 9, S 6, Focus / Target Lock / Evade
Unique
When attacking, you may change one blank result to a hit.

Gaor Tembon - 40pts
PS 8, A 2, D 1, H 9, S 6, Focus / Target Lock / Evade
Unique
When defending, you may reroll all of your dice.
If you choose to do so, you must re-roll as many of your dice as possible.

Title - 2pt
“Miv'ra Firestorm”
Unique; Nestt light freighter only
Your action bar gains the {Boost} icon.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS