Photo

What best makes or defines an original character concept?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

What best makes or defines an original character concept?

Skill, Talent, Action, Characteristic or something else?  

If it's something else, should the skills, talents actions and characteristics reflect that "something else?"

The reason I ask is because it seems like a couple character careers seem the same is the same is the same is the same:  Trollslayers for example.  I don't think I've seen an original trollslayer concept..ever…

Thoughts?

jh

#2 edwardp

edwardp

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

I think an original character concept comes from a characters story and background.  Granted some careers don't a have a lot of flexibility, but I don't think it's unreasonable to work with the GM to maybe swap out skills/talents/abilities/etc to make that work.

Think a Trollslayer who was formerly a merchant.  The player and GM could work together to define a more relevant set of skills/talents/abilities/etc to fit that backgorund.  A Trollslayer who has Education trained.  Or something like that.

It may not be the most "powerful" and "effective build, but it would be something that would match the background and story.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS