• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 XWing32

XWing32

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

http://www.wired.com...casarts-disney/

I sure hope this does not impact FFG liscense with star wars for this game and their LCG.

Wanted to see what everyones' thoughts were.

#2 Timberboar

Timberboar

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

It shouldn't, considering LucasArts was strictly software.

#3 XWing32

XWing32

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Good point. I just don't trust Disney.

#4 Red88

Red88

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

they're basically going to switch to just licensing the IP to other studios to make games for them.  which sounds kind of familiar…

#5 zathras23

zathras23

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Red88 said:

they're basically going to switch to just licensing the IP to other studios to make games for them.  which sounds kind of familiar…

And hopefully one of those studios will get the hint and remake X-Wing VS. TIE Fighter for modern computers.

#6 DingusFett

DingusFett

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

zathras23 said:

Red88 said:

And hopefully one of those studios will get the hint and remake X-Wing VS. TIE Fighter for modern computers.

This! I still love playing X-Wing Alliance, but would love to have updated graphics :P

#7 gabriel69

gabriel69

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

i can see the death of this game, thats why i will buy a large fleet so a can play alot for the rest of my life.

i see this game going to wizkids to become a colletable and with crap ships sculpts.

Lets pray to the force that im wrong.

"I encounter civilians like you all the time. You believe the Empire is continually plotting to do harm. Let me tell you, your view of the Empire is far too dramatic. The Empire is a government. It keeps billions of beings fed and clothed. Day after day, year after year, on thousands of worlds, people live their lives under Imperial rule without seeing a stormtrooper or hearing a TIE fighter scream overhead."
―Captain Thrawn

#8 Morrissey

Morrissey

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

XWing32 said:

I sure hope this does not impact FFG liscense with star wars for this game and their LCG.

I don't see why it would. What FFG does is precisely what Disney wants, ie: outside companies making stuff based on the IP, rather than Disney having to fund its own companies to do the same. Less risk in licensing to others, because you get the cash whether what's produced by that licensee is a hit or a miss!

#9 Cambrius

Cambrius

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

As far as I can tell, Disney bought LucasFilm, not LucasArts. So it's entirely possible the purchase will have no impact on this awesome game whatsoever - it depends on which subsidiary the licensed materials fall under.  :)

-I'm holding out for the B-Wing avatars!

#10 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Cambrius said:

As far as I can tell, Disney bought LucasFilm, not LucasArts. So it's entirely possible the purchase will have no impact on this awesome game whatsoever - it depends on which subsidiary the licensed materials fall under.  :)

Incorrect.  Lucasfilm Ltd consists of the following and all were included in the sale to Disney.

Lucasfilm Ltd. divisions

• Lucasfilm: Film and TV production
  • Industrial Light and Magic: Visual effects
  • Lucasfilm Animation: Digital animation studio
  • LucasArts (now closing): Publisher and developer of interactive entertainment
  • Lucas Licensing: Licensing and merchandising activities
  • Skywalker Sound: Full-service audio post-production company
  • LucasOnline: Web destination for entertainment, education, reference and e-commerce
  • LucasSingapore: Produces digital animated content for film and television, visual effects for feature films and multi-platform games

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexamine...s#ixzz2PXWCMbuI

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s, 4 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 3 Phantoms

#11 Fringe Dweller

Fringe Dweller

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Disney wont kill this game, FFG are doing a good enough job at killing this game through consumer dis-interest!  I have never known a company to be so slow at getting product on a shelf than this one, the lead times and delays are killing this game off faster than Disney can cash a cheque.

The games great but the marketing support sucks and blows.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS