• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

A new cycle announced: Kingsroad cycle.

This one will be focusing on reinvigorating older pre-existing mechanics.

#2 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

I love that they'll be supporting older mechanics.  Lets get song of the sea over with and get back to westros!

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#3 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

I really like the new Tywin a lot.  :-)

#4 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

I knew that playmat art would be showing up later as a character card. 
So much better than becoming a plot.

#5 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

This is exactly what I've been wanting from new cards. I'm not sure they can make Bannerman a compelling trait, but more cards to support virtually abandoned like Night's Watch and Brotherhood is absolutely awesome in my book. In particular we need more Night's Watch with actual icons; I wasn't playing the game when that cycle came out, and maybe the agendas worked at the time, but I can barely see any reason to use most of the NW cards we have.

I really like the look of the spoilers so far. It's nice to finally have Ygritte, particularly as another unique Wildling, and her ability could prove to be pretty awesome. I'm very excited for the new Tywin, who will fit nicely in those Clansmen decks I'm always trying to build which never quite work. Both of the plots look promising, though obviously we need to know the income on Summoned by the Conclave. And it's great to see a new Jon Snow; given how important he is in the series, it's kinda insane we've only ever had two cards of him in the LCG. The last one was six cycles ago! Hopefully he's awesome, and I hope he retains both the NW and Wildling trait of his last version.

#6 Rogue Cypher

Rogue Cypher

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

We FINALLY get a Ygritte card! I've been longing for one for so long. I'm already excited for this new Cycle and still hopeful the current Cycle continues to give good stuff as it has so far.

This year looks to be an awesome one for AGOT LCG in my opinion. Pretty excited.

#7 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

If they are supplementing some older mechanics/deck themes, then I'm thinking Brotherhood will be receiving a version of Gendry finally.  Maybe Hot Pie?

Kingsguard is a mentioned in the article, so I am also hoping to see Ser Boros Blount,  and maybe Ser Robert Strong(ahem, Gregor).  It would be amusing if Ser Robert Strong is discarded when you control Ser Gregor Clegane.  :-)

I am also expecting to see some unique House Frey characters with Bannerman traits, specifically Walder Frey.  He'll probably have an INT icon and potentially some constant or passive ability since he's a decrepid old man.

I'm really hoping for an alternative Samwell Tarly(non-seasons version that can be fun) and some new unique Night's Watch characters like Yoren, Pyp, and Grenn.

I'm going to guess that House Arryn may not have a place in this cycle, but I'd enjoy it if maybe they had a few cards to represent.  Afterall, they do have some bannermen.  :-)

EDIT:

I just noticed that the new Arianne Martell is a shadow card.  Very interesting.  Now I'm really looking forward to seeing what she does.  She is also cheaper at 3 gold versus PotS version at 4 gold. 

#8 HoyaLawya

HoyaLawya

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

Ever since I started playing 2 years ago, people have been asking for more cards to flesh out old themes. I'm very excited for the next cycle. We may start to see more shadows and wildling decks. Plus, with new seasons cards, hopefully those deck archetypes will get some variation.

#9 Robby Stark

Robby Stark

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

yay for supporting obsolete mechanics! i'll be running 3x campfire lights for sure now.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS