• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

• Darth Vader (Imperial Only)
  • You may perform actions and make attacks even after an asteroid collision and/or landing.

Because asteroids do not concern him.

#2 Timberboar

Timberboar

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Har.

http://www.hark.com/...cern-me-admiral

^^ for those who don't remember the line in question.

#3 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

Except Vader is never someone elses crew member. 

however I could go with something like this

Action: Excicute the Incompitance

When the action is taken, the opponant immidiatly gains victory points equal to the base cost of the pilot.  Then any special pilot abilities are replaced with May take two actions durring the action step.  And Pilot's base skill is changed to 9

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#4 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

Sigh….some people just can't take a joke.

To be fair, though, Vader is as much a crew member of the Executor as Luke is when aboard the Falcon.  Granted, Vader was never actually aboard a Firespray in the movies, but for that matter, neither were "Gunner" or "Weapons Engineer", nor was Nien Nunb aboard the Falcon when Han was piloting it, and yet all of these things are allowed.

#5 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

Gag cards are great when they're more than being ultra-specific. Vader is useless without Asteroids.

However, (rebel only) C-3P0 that allows you to gain a stress token in place of using a focus token is actually useful, kinda funny, and apt to his character in the universe imo.

#6 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

Geez, tough crowd.

#7 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Tawnos said:

To be fair, though, Vader is as much a crew member of the Executor as Luke is when aboard the Falcon.  Granted, Vader was never actually aboard a Firespray in the movies, but for that matter, neither were "Gunner" or "Weapons Engineer", nor was Nien Nunb aboard the Falcon when Han was piloting it, and yet all of these things are allowed.

Actually no.  The Falcon is Han's ship and some time (well once) Luke manned one of the gunner crew positions.  Vader on the other hand outranks the Admiral on his ship.  He does not man guns, or crew the ship in anyway.  He oversees the command of the whole fleet.

If there ever is a fleet scale game then commanders will come into play, but they aren't really crew the same way that say a gunner is.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#8 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

The difference is academic.

At one point, Luke manned the guns and fulfilled the same positon as a crew gunner.

At more than one point, Vader gave direct orders and fulfilled the same position as a captain or admiral.

Would you try to claim to me that a captain is not a member of his ship's crew?

Granted, Vader's position is far more grandoise than Luke's temporary gunner position, but this game is a vast abstraction of the Star Wars universe as far as ship battles go.  I doubt we'll see any ships larger than the YT-1300 and Firespray for playspace reasons, so I say why not Vader crew member?

Also granted, not every scenario involves asteroids.  It probably could be generalized, but given that it was only meant to be funny and not serious…..

#9 Bertolac

Bertolac

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

I got the joke Tawnos. :)

#10 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Bertolac said:

I got the joke Tawnos. :)

<3

#11 John Edwards

John Edwards

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

I also appreciate the joke, Tawnos.

The haters seem to be willfully forgetting that Vader WAS a crew member.  He answered to Tarkin aboard the Death Star.  He was also the Emperor's ***** in all ways, and if the Emperor said "go sit in Boba Fett's lap" guess who'd be sitting in Boba Fett's lap…

#12 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Well i would rather say he would:

Action: Force choke the ship's captain because he was incompetent. Vader is now the Captain. The ship loses all special abilities it had and instead gains: You may perform 2 actions per turn.

"You have failed me for the last time!"  would be the fluff text for it XD

#13 GeneralBergfrühling

GeneralBergfrühling

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

Emporer crew upgrade card:

An enemy kill pleases the emporer. He will use the force to replenish the shields to full strength.

Cost: 6 points

#14 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Oh man, what have I started…..well, screw it.  Let's go the full nine.

If they ever do really delve into the EU stuff, it would be neat to see some crossover ships.  Like when Rogue Squadron pilots TIEs for example, or Imperial Agents (like Gara Petothel or Erisi Dlarit) pilot X-wings.  In which case, this has to happen:

• TIE/ln
  • Lieutenant Kettch
  • Attacking ships at Range 1 receive a stress token.  Ships with stress tokens may not attack Lieutenant Kettch.

Yub, yub, Commander.

#15 GeneralBergfrühling

GeneralBergfrühling

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:28 AM

now you screwed it

#16 GeneralBergfrühling

GeneralBergfrühling

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

ok ok … one more try:

* Darth Vader

If you collide with an enemy ship, you may attempt to strike it with your light saber. Throw a die to see if you hit. (Hits) and (Critical hits) are threaded as usual.

Cost: 2 Points

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS