Need Help Disassembling an Axis Transport

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rwwingate

rwwingate

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

I apologize if this subject has come up before but I couldn't find it with a google search.  Typically I've just painted my dust walkers in the main sub-assemblies they come in out of the box.  But with the open troop area and all of the spaced armor I want to try and disassemble the model (or at least the upper "vehicle" module)  and do a proper paint job.

I'm looking for real world feedback on debonding the factory glue on the model.  I've seen a number of posts recomending lots of potenital solvents (simple green, purple power, brake fluid, acetone etc).  I've even seen a post recomending you freeze the model to make the glue brittle.  While I appreciate helpful advice, I'm really looking for feedback from people who've actually tried it and how it worked.  Did it actually debond the glue?  Did it attack the plastic?  I really don't care about the factory paint, just the glue.

Thanks.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS