Jump to content



Photo

GM been away a while, can the veterans chime in on some questions?


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sugarwookie

sugarwookie

    Member

  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

Hello,

 

 It's been a few years since I ran a fun campaign with the new system. Personal issues brought it to an end, but I had actually begun winning the group over to the mechanics.

 My questions are mostly for those who have been running the game for a while. I'd like to know what you see as the weakness of the system? How is character development at later stages? Does it stay balanced? Anything you have learned to dislike?

 I have essentially everything up to Omens of War, what, if anything are must haves since my last purchase? I am also wondering if there are master check lists for the cards and sets they came with. I have thrown them all together unfortunately and I have no idea if they're all there.

 One thing I was hoping to hear, were that someone had come up with a novel way to keep the cards together, like a card sleeve with the plug in slots, something to keep the elements of the game a little more tidy. Has anyone made anything to help keep up with the cards, as well as character sheets and plug ins?

 Lastly, where do you see the game going? It would seem that there will be adventures, but anything else on the horizon? I'm wondering how much longe FFG will support the game.



#2 k7e9

k7e9

    Member

  • Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

sugarwookie said:

My questions are mostly for those who have been running the game for a while. I'd like to know what you see as the weakness of the system? How is character development at later stages? Does it stay balanced? Anything you have learned to dislike?

My players are at rank 5 and they still have problems in fights with ordinary bad guys. I can send in a band of beastmen and they'll be in deep trouble. No need to throw dragons at them. So I feel that the characters "age well".

However a weakness is that when having many careers behind you, my players feel that they have completed all careers that they want to and have problems finding new ones. The easy solution is a houserule where you can re-take a career you have completed earlier.

sugarwookie said:

I have essentially everything up to Omens of War, what, if anything are must haves since my last purchase?

If I recall correctly Hero's Call came out after Omens of War? You do not need Hero's Call instantly but it's handy when the players reach about rank 3-4. There are also two more playable races, Halfling and Oger.

sugarwookie said:

I am also wondering if there are master check lists for the cards and sets they came with. I have thrown them all together unfortunately and I have no idea if they're all there.

Sorry, I don't know if anyone has made one.

sugarwookie said:

One thing I was hoping to hear, were that someone had come up with a novel way to keep the cards together, like a card sleeve with the plug in slots, something to keep the elements of the game a little more tidy. Has anyone made anything to help keep up with the cards, as well as character sheets and plug ins?

I use raaco boxes to store all tokens/standups/cards in order (https://dl.dropbox.c...55200/raaco.jpg). I use Ultra Pro binders for action cards.

sugarwookie said:

Lastly, where do you see the game going? It would seem that there will be adventures, but anything else on the horizon? I'm wondering how much longe FFG will support the game.

FFG has not provided any release schedule. So what's on the horizon is anyone's guess. How and if the game will be supported is hard to say and up for speculation (and there's a lot of it going on in these forums). My speculation is that they will continue releaseing Print on Demand supplements and maybe the occational box (most likely an adventure). But all in all I feel that the game is quite complete.

 






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS