Crimson Guard questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

One of my players is making a Crimson Guard and I have a few questions.

1) What's with the intergrated melee weapon proficiency?  What integrated melee weapon does the CG have?  I understood the venator blade to be a regular dagger.

2) The integrated lasgun repaces one of the CG's arms, right?  How have other GMs accounted for this, if at all?  Can the CG have a functioning hand over the lasgun that moves out of the way when s/he wishes to fire?  CG's start with a single cybernetic (beyond the standard Mechancius suite), would that be a reasonable one?

3) What have been your thoughts on, and/or experiences with the Crimson Guard?  Anything I should watch out for?

#2 Thaddux

Thaddux

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

1) Melee weapons can be integrated as well.  Check out the rules for integrated weapons on page 58.  The venator blade is a dagger with a power field that is always best quality.  It's on page 64, and according to the rules mentioned previously, could be made into an integrated weapon if the user wants.

2) Integrated weapons do not need to replace a limb, they are simply plugged into, and draw power from, the Guard's potentia coil implant.  They may replace a limb if you decide, in which case you could define your own set of benefits and drawbacks to doing this.

3) Was wanting to play one when my group hits Ascention later on.  Hope it turns out well. :)

#3 Brother Praetus

Brother Praetus

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Thaddux said:

1) Melee weapons can be integrated as well.  Check out the rules for integrated weapons on page 58.  The venator blade is a dagger with a power field that is always best quality.  It's on page 64, and according to the rules mentioned previously, could be made into an integrated weapon if the user wants.

The Venator Blade is more like an "improved" Lathe Forged dagger (p 147 of The Inquisitor's Handbook) as its pen is 4 instead of 3, and it is given the Razor Sharp quality.  It does not have a power field.

-=Brother Praetus=-

"Truth is so rare it must be protected by a bodyguard of lies."

- Fortune Cookie

#4 Thaddux

Thaddux

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Ah, my apologies, I totally misread it.  You're right, it does not have a power field, though it cannot be destroyed by one.  Chain, Shock and Power weapons can be made integrated though.

#5 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

The Lathe-Lasblaster replaces their forearm. The rest don't.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#6 Brother Praetus

Brother Praetus

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

Thaddux said:

Chain, Shock and Power weapons can be made integrated though.

All very true.  I was working on a Factor of the Lathes with intent to have him eventually get a best-quality forearm power blade (from RT: ItS if I recall) weapon implant as integrated…  Not sure that implant weapons can benefit, but it seems reasonable.

-=Brother Praetus=-

"Truth is so rare it must be protected by a bodyguard of lies."

- Fortune Cookie

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS