16 replies to this topic

#1 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

The final standings for the swiss rounds are in:

1. marcr (Troopershark) - 14 (47)

2. brad_harrington (Brad Harrington) - 14 (37)

3. agnos (agnos) - 12 (30)

4. Jedi_Knight (Jedi_Knight) - 12 (26)

5. ScottNJ (ScottieATF) - 11 (24)

6. Shikaku (Shikaku) - 9 (24)

7. doctormungmung (doctormungmung) - 8 (33)

8. red5ccg (dbmeboy) - 8 (28 - 88)

9. warren12 (Warren12) - 8 (28 - 86)

10. nkball (RedSquadronK) - 8 (28 - 82)

11. sageleader (sageleader) - 8 (20)

Which makes our semi final matches:

#1 marcr (Troopershark) vs. #4 Jedi_Knight (Jedi_Knight) - marcr starting LS

#2 brad_harrington (Brad Harrington) vs. #3 agnos (agnos) - brad_harrington starting LS

Thank you all for your participation, and best of luck to the semifinalists!

#2 cephalgia

cephalgia

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

will we see decklists of final four?

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

cephalgia said:

will we see decklists of final four?

I hope that they will post them. I'll be posting my deck lists and a tournament report shortly.

#4 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

No problem - can get to it tommorrow.

We can also tell anyone a time when we will be playing in case anyone wants to spectate.

#5 agnos

agnos

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

I've got to check with Brad, but if he's ok with it I'll post the time that we'll be playing in case observers want to watch.  

#6 agnos

agnos

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Brad and I will be playing Saturday night at 9 pm EDT. So long as spectators stay silent, neither of us have any problem with spectating. I'm also going to try to record the games while commenting on them and cast them. 

#7 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

agnos said:

Brad and I will be playing Saturday night at 9 pm EDT. So long as spectators stay silent, neither of us have any problem with spectating. I'm also going to try to record the games while commenting on them and cast them. 

Thanks.  A recording with commentary would be awesome too!

#8 agnos

agnos

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

I wasn't able to actually get my camtasia working right and I forgot to comment so I'm just going to summarize the games.

I flip up 19, 24 and 26 for my objectives; he grabs 1, 8 and 18.  I keep an amazing opener of Duty officer, Motti, Sith Library, Choke x2 and Stormtrooper.  

I nab Luke with the Cruel Interrogations which is absolutely nuts and proceed to drop everything but the chokes on the table. I add the Duty officer to the force.  He plays Red 5, Repair Droid and a loyalist which I choke. R5 swings into 24; I block with the Stormy to prevent unopposed damage and maybe do nuts if I win edge.  He's able to put 4 damage on and does nothing else.  He swings into 26 with the repair droid and I block with my Duty officer to prevent unopposed as him being focused twice.

I drop the ISB shielding guy, a second Library, a [W][B] 2 cost scrub and force lightning R5.  I swing into 1 with my blast guy just to put some damage on and maybe get a freebie destroy.  He drops R2, Red 2 and a Ywing.  He swings into 24 with Red 2 and I block and kill it with the Stormtrooper after winning edge.  He attacks 24 with the Ywing which I should block with the ISB guy but didn't for some unknown reason giving him 4 free damage on board.  He's able to grab the force as all my guys are focused.

I drop Vader, Force Lightning the Ywing and blowing up R2.  I place defenses on 24 to prevent him from easily grabbing Luke.  I attack 1 with my scrub again to knock it out and pass the turn with Vader nabbing the force.  He's able to play a few more droid but his hand is stuck up with cards like Trust Your Feelings and Astromech Droid.

I'm able to drop the Orbital Bombardment and blow up 2 more objectives in one turn to seal the win.

Game 2 was really interesting.

He reveals 19, 20 and 30.  I reveal 1, 2, 3.  He plays a Tie Assault Squadron and passes.  I play a Jedi Training Grounds and Obi saving 1 for something I forget what and grab the force back. He Chokes Obi.

He deals 1 to Obi with the Defense Protocol and Chokes him (I redirect the third damage) and plays the Devastator and swings into 1.  I block with Obi; he plays 2 into edge I play 2 into edge, unfortunately he has a Heat of Battle and gets 2 damage on obj 1 and then blows away obj 2.  I reveal a dagobah training grounds again play a library and Han and C3PO and swing in to Defense protocol putting some damage on the Devastator.

He deals 1 to C3PO and plays Vader.  Devastator swings in to destroy another objective.  He plays Dark Precognition to put a damage on Han.  I flip up Questionable contacts and shift the damage on Han to Vader.  I play Luke and Trust Your Feelings on him.  I make two mistakes here.  First, Han attacks 30 and pings Vader when he should ping the Devastator.  I play a Heat into the edge stack and we both played 2 cards in.  I should've just lead with Yoda and passed if I get twisted then do something else.  This line of play would always allow me to kill both Vader and Devastator.  In the end I'm forced to blow up the Devastator with Luke as he destroys obj 30.  At this point, he can blow away pod 1, but then I'd be able to blow away a pod myself.  He's in a good position but just doesn't have enough time to blow up 4 objectives which is essentially what he needs to win.

#9 agnos

agnos

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Updates on the other match?

#10 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

agnos said:

They seem to have gone AWOL. I'm working on getting ahold of them and/or figuring out what else to do. :-

#11 agnos

agnos

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

dbmeboy said:

agnos said:

They seem to have gone AWOL. I'm working on getting ahold of them and/or figuring out what else to do. :-

Until something else happens, IMACALLMYSELFKINGONLINE!!!  

#12 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

We're still here. Troopershark is working 15 hours shifts - with the time difference, we're having trouble setting up a time that's OK for both of us.

#13 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

Jedi_Knight said:

We're still here. Troopershark is working 15 hours shifts - with the time difference, we're having trouble setting up a time that's OK for both of us.

Yikes. Keep me posted. You don't want agnos to continue calling himself King of the Internets forever after all.

#14 agnos

agnos

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

dbmeboy said:

Jedi_Knight said:

Yikes. Keep me posted. You don't want agnos to continue calling himself King of the Internets forever after all.

WAT U SAY?  U NO ITS TRU!!!

j/k  Just try have the match happen soon please.

#15 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:32 AM

Breaking news from the other semifinal: 2 full games have been played resulting in a LS split. Unfortunately, the dial was at 6 in both games, so we're going to sudden death. Hopefully we'll have the last game soon.

#16 agnos

agnos

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Both of them failed to win a match. I stand alone as a WEENNAR!!!  I R DA INTRAWEBS CHAMPOEN!!!!

#17 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Yeah,that was… unexpected.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS