Photo

what do u think is the best sleeper upgrade or combo in the game?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

what do u think is the best sleeper upgrade card or combo?

1) draw their fire on chewie

2) boost on Wedge or any large ship

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#2 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

This is pretty subjective, based on the ship/pilot you apply it to, however, one of the nastiest I've played is

Soontir Fell with Push the Limit and Stealth Device.

That gives him 2 actions and a free Focus every round.

If you take evade and focus as the actions, then he is nearly impossible to hit and hits back hard. Witha PS of 9 and a crazy good manuvere dial these upgrades make him one of the best in the game.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#3 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Luke Skywalker

- R2-F2

- PTL

- Proton Torps

It is expensive, but you get an X-Wing and an almost free focus when defending. 

#4 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

Turr Phennir with PtL is a blast to fly. As is Tycho with PtL. But your title says "sleeper", so I'll toss one out there. It may not be the best, but it is effective.

Boba with Veteran instincts and Seismic Charge. The PS10 means he should be moving after your opponents have moved, so you know exactly where they will be when you drop it. It also doesn't cost an action, and my opponents usually forget he has it until I drop it. :)

#5 John Edwards

John Edwards

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

• Expert Handling on Boba Fett
  • Dead Eye on Green Squadron Pilots
  • Daredevil

#6 Cptnhalfbeard

Cptnhalfbeard

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

I have yet to actually fly this combo, but I wanted to post this up to see if you agree:

Wedge + Expose, flying alongside Biggs.  Wedge would be firing w/ 4 base dice and dropping his target's defense.  If he stays close to Biggs, he hopefully won't be able to be targeted while having 1 less agility from expose.

#7 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

hothie said:

Boba with Veteran instincts and Seismic Charge. The PS10 means he should be moving after your opponents have moved, so you know exactly where they will be when you drop it. It also doesn't cost an action, and my opponents usually forget he has it until I drop it. :)

I'm starting to like Boba more and more (the more I fly him).

#8 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

I think the most under appriciated upgrade in the game, is simply leaving them off all together.  A single 3 point upgrade is a quarter of a TIE.  I'm not tottally opposed to all upgrades, but I try to use sparingly and to fill in points after I have already bought all the ships I can.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#9 Knight Watch Productions

Knight Watch Productions

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

I like R5K6 supporting "Dutch".   Alongside is Wedge, PTL, and the R2 AstroMech, and of course Biggs with Upgraded Shields and R2D2.  Pretty sure these aren't 'sleepers' though.

#10 GeneralKentobi77

GeneralKentobi77

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm a fanboy through and through, and if I use Luke I have to upgrade him with R2-D2; the little droid can't go with any other pilot in my squad. The sleeper combo here is giving him the Shield Upgrade to bump him up to 3 shields. R2-D2 will 'recharge' up to the 3. It makes Luke hard to get rid of, especially with his defensive minded Pilot Ability.

#11 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

GeneralKentobi77 said:

I'm a fanboy through and through, and if I use Luke I have to upgrade him with R2-D2; the little droid can't go with any other pilot in my squad. The sleeper combo here is giving him the Shield Upgrade to bump him up to 3 shields. R2-D2 will 'recharge' up to the 3. It makes Luke hard to get rid of, especially with his defensive minded Pilot Ability.

nice. simple yet overlooked by many id say.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#12 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

Any Firespray with the Medal Symbol and Expert Handling, combined with the Heavy laser cannon. You advance 1 then barrel roll backwards. This makes you just fire the HLC for more turns before Rebels can bypass you and make your 7 point upgrade pretty useless… It also makes your positioning unpredictable especially with Boba Fett.

#13 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

The_Brown_Bomber said:

GeneralKentobi77 said:

nice. simple yet overlooked by many id say.

i play him like that and with vereran Instincts. Together with a fully souped up Falcon. It is a 2-ship list but between the Falcons tankiness and Lukes Shield recharging it is very fun to play.

#14 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

ForceM said:

Any Firespray with the Medal Symbol and Expert Handling, combined with the Heavy laser cannon. You advance 1 then barrel roll backwards. This makes you just fire the HLC for more turns before Rebels can bypass you and make your 7 point upgrade pretty useless… It also makes your positioning unpredictable especially with Boba Fett.

barrel rolling backwards!? is this legal?

Lord Vader

#15 executor

executor

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

The_Brown_Bomber said:

ForceM said:

he doesn't mean barrel rolls that are literally from the back of the base, but putting the template at the very bottom of one of the sides and moving it as far backwards as possible.. so really the ship only advances forward a very short amount

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#16 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

executor said:

The_Brown_Bomber said:

ForceM said:

he doesn't mean barrel rolls that are literally from the back of the base, but putting the template at the very bottom of one of the sides and moving it as far backwards as possible.. so really the ship only advances forward a very short amount

o right. i get it. thnx for the clarification

Lord Vader

#17 Sergovan

Sergovan

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

Try Dark curse with stealth device. It is the most defensive imperial play ever.

You can't reroll dice on him nor use focus and he gets 1 extra dice to defend with. I played a game where the falcon chased him all around the board trying to kill him and couldn't do it.

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 4 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 3 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 CR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 1 Tie Phantom, 1 Defender

Tournament results: 11 of 11; 3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; 12 of 28

#18 Entek

Entek

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

Sergovan said:

Try Dark curse with stealth device. It is the most defensive imperial play ever.

You can't reroll dice on him nor use focus and he gets 1 extra dice to defend with. I played a game where the falcon chased him all around the board trying to kill him and couldn't do it.

Beat me to it!  I had this last night and had up to 3 X-wings and a Y-wing firing at him for 5+ rounds before scoring a hit.  I can tell you it made for a very frustrated Rebel player.

#19 Solo Skywalker

Solo Skywalker

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Mine is similar. Vader and push the limits. Triple evades are sweet.

#20 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Solo Skywalker said:

Mine is similar. Vader and push the limits. Triple evades are sweet.

hmm, seeing as you can never play the same action with the same pilot in any round im guessing u mean focus+evade+barrel roll?

Lord Vader

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS