I understand many players of CoC find ‘The Golden Rule’ a unpredictably fun and enlivening thing. As a mature minded player who needed more depth then other games as “Star Wars,” I also very much enjoy the possibility of game rules at times being subservient to card rules. That said, shouldn’t some aspects of the game stay true to the ‘spirit’ of the mythos? This is my main point…
1. Player 1 has Cthulhu in play. Player 2 has Scotophobia and Hastur in play.
2. Player 2 uses Scotophobia on Cthulhu.
4. Cthulhu loses all its Terror icons.
5. Player 2 then plays the Action on Hastur: “Pay 3 to choose a character. That character goes insane.”
7. He chooses my Cthulhu card to go insane.
I mean… really? Shouldn’t the various Hastur ‘madness’ causing card be regulated to Non-Ancient Ones?