GM's gather round..

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Kager

Kager

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Please share any module/campaign ideas you have for EotE!

#2 Kintaro1

Kintaro1

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'm in the middle of writing one that picks up directly from Crates of Krayts. I might share it round when I get it finished, but that might be awhile. It's shaping up to be pretty massive!

(We've gone through the Beginner's Box adventure, Long Arm of the Hutt, a short interstitial I wrote to get us from LAotH to Crates of Krayts. We're having a blast!)

My suggestion is to "gather" the old wizards stuff…there's a plethora of information there!

#3 Genghis12

Genghis12

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Have you checked out "The Plot Hooks" thread yet? http://www.fantasyfl...46&efidt=789184 Sure, it took on a movie-centric theme. But that only highlights just how many sources are out there to mine for inspiration, I think.

#4 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

I've dug out my Star Wars Gamer mags and will adapt the adventures as needed. Lots of material there. I also have four of the EG Starv Wars Adventure Journals that I can mine.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#5 zyxba

zyxba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

I designed a Outer Rim water world called Elak.

It's full of human pirates (that could use help smuggling and the like)

Aqualish being used as a slave race on the verge of upheaval

An active swoop racing community

A water collection company that sells the planet's resources offworld run by Gungans

#6 Mr0ver1ook

Mr0ver1ook

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

I can only imagine how many relics from the numerous Sith Wars from the Old Republic era are hidden in tiny pockets of the Outer Rim. I'd like to find out. And then there's that pesky pirate fleet only heard in rumors in the backwater planet cantinas, you know the one that's taken out a Star Destroyer or two? Even the Imperials know their captain's name..

#7 Mr0ver1ook

Mr0ver1ook

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

I can only imagine how many relics from the numerous Sith Wars from the Old Republic era are hidden in tiny pockets of the Outer Rim. I'd like to find out. And then there's that pesky pirate fleet only heard in rumors in the backwater planet cantinas, you know the one that's taken out a Star Destroyer or two? Even the Imperials know their captain's name…

#8 ErikB

ErikB

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Heists, in which the PCs put on cool masks, walk in to a bank/jewelers/corporate R&D facility/archeoloical dig/whatever, steal what they came for, shoot their way out past the responding Stormtroopers with short barrelled repeating blasters and then make their escape in an exciting speeder chase through a crowded future city:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqb53w2QbL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpaFTFwuUHc

If you want a picture of the Empire, imagine a jackboot stamping on a beings face - forever.

#9 dmanmax

dmanmax

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

I have a small idea in which the PCs are forced through their various obligations to take a job from a "Trask Antilles" (24th in line for Alderann throne) to steal high grade imperial medical supplies from an Organa space station and make it look as though the Organa's are smuggling the supplies to the Rebels. When they take the supplies, plant the evidence and are seconds from getting off the space station the Death Star appears in orbit.  From there they have a choice, either meet Trask on the planet and drop off the supplies or book it, as fast as they can, to Hutt space to try to offload the Imperial marked goods.  

From there they will get directed to Mos Shutta and meet their old characters (the pre-gens from the beginner game that I put in control of the cartel).

#10 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

I like the Alderaan mission being mentioned above. :)

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."
- Vago the Hutt; Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

#11 Ref

Ref

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

Here is the campaign idea I am running and the players love it!:

It start there: the player wake up in a lab attached to a computer and they don't remember how they got there. The lab in invaded by tusken raider and  they have to get out but can't get any info from the damaged computers…When they get out, they are on  tatooine in the desert.

Link between player: Three years ago, all the players were in the Lounge Bar on Nar Shaddaa, a bar owned by Guy Papistolli, for different reason. There was around 15 persons in the bar when an armed men entered and throwed a Thermal detonator, almost everyone hid from it except 4 poor guys that didn’t had a chance. The bar is the base of operation of the  Distpacher. So after looking at the holocam, they were able to identify everyone on the tape and started to eliminated/abduct them because they might have been see something they were not supposed to: a new weapon prototype. As of today, only 3 persons remain (+ the 5 Players):

Bert Blowson, farmer on Dantooine

Gwaine Bolg, Waitress at The Bampa Express on Bellassa

Malik Spicer, a young scout that works for Bulk Corp, located on Ryloth.

During their captivity, the PC were injected of a special drug that have them forget things, that’s why they will not remember everything. They discover if they do a brain scan that they have nano robots on certain parts of their brain.

Player 1:  Was a member the Dispatcher, a mercenary group based in Agamar, agricultural planet (they have a fortress there). He never saw the leader, only his supervisor named  Mack Astarac. Their group identification is

The Dispatcher are known in the outerrim and feared. The leader is a human, Rey Miedo, he is often at his fortress but mainly on Nar Shadda, where he siege beside the Prince Hula the Hutt as a translator and personal counselor. He has one direct assistant, Governor Guy Papistolli of Kala’Uun on Ryloth, that has a lot of power.

Player 2: Was in the bar to bring paper to Mack that day sent by the Governor Papistolli himself. He know the governor Papistolli cause he worked for him as an personal courier but doesn’’t remember him at all. His ride was Player 3, he knows him but don’t remember.

Player 3: Did couple of job for Mack Astarac but doesn’t remember him. He hides something for himself in Calamar City on Esseles in the underground tunnel. He hid a datadisk in his ship for himself to go see TG on Esseles, good friend of his. What he hides was a data disk containing the weapon design that he stole on a dead guy after the explosion.

Player 4: was part of Rebellion, he was at the bar to meet Jandar Horn, rebel leader to give some info about the imperials when the accident happened. It was the data disk containing that player 3 took. He doesn’t remember until they retrieve the Data disk on Esseles.

Player 5: Did a lot of work for Mack for the past year, he saw the new weapon in action and wanted one and Mack promise after some work, he will have his. But was a while without having it, he stole a prototype and hid it on tatooine, in a R5 unit in Mos Eisley on Tatooine. It’s Teemo the Hutt that have the droid now at his palace. 

"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."

#12 kinnison

kinnison

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

My one idea which will have to wait a few more years fro the Force rules to come out, is to have the players be the Main characters in the movies, and re do it.  It would involve character switching a lot, but could be rather Epic

The players start as Jedi Padwans.  Each has a vice which will eventually lead them to the dark side.  We go through a version of AotC, where the players compete for the affections of a certain Senator, or attempt to increase their abilities.  Then for an Epic scale clone wars following several adventures where they become Knights.  and to "level up"

In the end of the Prequel arc, one succumbs to the Dark side, and one other fights an epic battle against the evil PC.  The rest are killed off by order 66, but can plant "seeds" to be used in the next rebellion era adventures.  The Good Jedi that defeats the bad Jedi returns in the next set of adventures

In the Rebellion era, the player that succumbed to the Dark side gets to be a Force sensitive farm boy, while the Good Jedi, becomes Obi wan type character but has to sacrifice himself to help the rest get off the Death star.  The Obi-wan character switches to the rescued prince/princess character. and during the battle of Yavin they all get to be Rebel pilots.

Then we have a series of arcs to cover the time frame between ANH and ESB to allow the characters "level up".  During the Escape of the rebel base (not necessarily Echo base on Hoth) the force sensitive Jedi Character goes off for Training and switches to the scoundrel character of "Lando".  For the Finale RotJ Arc, the Second Death star is on Kashyyyk being built by wookie slaves.  For this we have 3 Distinct arcs to cover.  The Ground battle of Kashyyyk to destroy the shield generator.  A commando team to evacuate the Slave wookies from the new Death star, and the Space battle.

Sadly I really do not know how to recreate the Epic Light saber duels the the Original movies to allow for all the players to participate. Except to have them happen off screen

BESIDES THAT.  I have an old copy of the WEG "Lords of the Expanse" i can blow the dust off of, and run that.  be fun to have the players run around in a sector full of Nobel houses, and secret groups.

Check out my current Campaign:

The Minos Cluster

Last session 9/6/14 'Beyond the Rim: Episode I'

Last Update 9/20/14

#13 Nateraide

Nateraide

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

I have started a campaign that has what is called the Hut Games, where all the huts get together and have a tournament.  There will be beast hunts, smuggling runs, scavenger hunts, arena fights, pod racing, and more.

First the group had to find a Hut to sponsor them and it just so happens that Moosta the Hut on Nar Shadda is in need of squad.  So in order to win his favor the group was to retrieve an ancient artifact from an old Jedi temple (I had finals that week and used Triumph and Despair to roll a dungeon).

They just finished the first round of the Hut Games.  It involved them having to extract a target out of an imperial prison.  The other team was sent to exterminate the target.  So it involved them having to sneak into the prison and be weary of the other team who could show up at any moment.

The next round is a smuggling challenge glitterstim (One of the PC’s has a glitterstim addiction).  They go to a party to celebrate the first round completion and during the party the illegal goods have been loaded on all the ships and imperial forces have been notified of the party and their ship, as well as the planet they are to drop it off at.  The first team to deliver or survive the encounter wins.

#14 Nateraide

Nateraide

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

sorry for the typo.

#15 Mr0ver1ook

Mr0ver1ook

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Anything dealing with dealing, addiction, and smuggling of spices seems completely fitting for the Edge of the Empire. I also think anything that allows the players to "freelance" between the Empire and the fledging Rebel Alliance would be good too. There's a lot of moral grey to be found in the Outer Rim.

#16 Inquisitor Tremayne

Inquisitor Tremayne

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

mouthymerc said:

I've dug out my Star Wars Gamer mags and will adapt the adventures as needed. Lots of material there. I also have four of the WEG Starv Wars Adventure Journals that I can mine.

PERFECT!!!  Now I gotta go find mine!!

#17 Hishgraphics

Hishgraphics

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

When I get the EotE corebook, I'll get to converting to EotE my own campaign sourcebook that I derived from my old D6 games. There are some adventure and campaign ideas you can find there. You can download it here for an early look.

Worlds of the Enteague Sector

#18 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

For those interested, Star Wars Gamer #7 had the fringe campaign setting Bartyn's Landing. The issue focused on Living on the Fringe. Not a bad one to mine.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#19 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:32 AM

mouthymerc said:

For those interested, Star Wars Gamer #7 had the fringe campaign setting Bartyn's Landing. The issue focused on Living on the Fringe. Not a bad one to mine.

Bartyn's Landing very much had the feel of an Old West frontier mining town, even if the main industry was fishing.  The same issue even had an adventure featuring the native sentient species, who'd gotten a pretty raw deal when the town was founded.

It'd make for an interesting "home base" of sorts, though not much use for having your own starship (as seems to be the EotE default assumption) if you're going to stick to one location.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#20 LethalDose

LethalDose

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Donovan Morningfire said:

It'd make for an interesting "home base" of sorts, though not much use for having your own starship (as seems to be the EotE default assumption) if you're going to stick to one location.

Instead of a spacecraft, the GM could provide the PCs with a large sea-speeder or private island to serve as a home base instead.  Just an easy reskin of the existing rules for equivalent or commensurate benefits to suit a non-standard campaign setting (a single planet).

-WJL

"All models are wrong, but some models are useful."  - George E. P. Box

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS