Multiplayer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rhtm70

rhtm70

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

Hey guys. For my first post I need some help with multiplayer. I have one core set but I wanted to know if I have 3 people that want to play is it necessary to have another core set or could I buy one of the the deluxe expansions to add to the core set and have enough? Thanks for the help.

#2 Colino

Colino

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

In theory you would need another set for the threat tracker that you'd be missing. (Although you could just use pen and paper).

I'd still convince your friends to pitch in and get another set because at that point you will be lacking cards to make decent enough decks for 3 people.

#3 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

First few times we played 4 people with only 1 core set and divided the decks by color into 4 decks of 31 cards (1 gandalf for each).

Was okish to get a feel for the game in the early days but you´re definately going to wish for more core sets if the game catches on.

#4 rhtm70

rhtm70

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

Thanks for the replies guys! I may just go ahead and get another core set. I also wanted to know if I have one core set could I mix it with one of the deluxe Hobbit expansions or one of the other deluxe expansions and have enough for 3 people to play and have good decks? Thanks for the help.

#5 Colino

Colino

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

rhtm70 said:

Thanks for the replies guys! I may just go ahead and get another core set. I also wanted to know if I have one core set could I mix it with one of the deluxe Hobbit expansions or one of the other deluxe expansions and have enough for 3 people to play and have good decks? Thanks for the help.

The expansions all have some very good cards in them. I would recommend starting with Khazad-dum if you plan on going that route, but if you want to get more enjoyment out of the core set you should consider purchasing the adventure packs from the Mirkwood cycle. The player cards included in those packs are more tailored to what you have in the core set.

I recommend trying the first couple of packs and see if you enjoy the game enough to move on. I know I did.

If you want quests that are widely accepted as being great you could possibly skip the Mirkwood cycle and go straight to Khazad-dum and the adventure packs of the Dwarrowdelf cycle (which use the encounter cards that come with Khazad-dum). Those adventure packs are the most popular ones and have some really really fun quests. Just beware that by skipping every Mirkwood adventure pack you'll be missing out on some great cards.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS