netrunner card sleeves?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Suka044

Suka044

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

ive noticed that FFG has made sleeves for their other games do you think they would make some for netrunner to?

maybe some with a cool circuit design or something on it. some red and some blue

#2 mauigreen

mauigreen

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

i hope so, i'd buy plenty of them!

#3 ODie

ODie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

I'll probably get sneered at for this, but I would be very keen on green and purple sleeves with the original logo on them. That would be v. cool.

#4 Volkazz

Volkazz

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

The groups I have been playing with all liked the idea of "old" NR sleeves.

V.

#5 Frizzler

Frizzler

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

ODie said:

I'll probably get sneered at for this, but I would be very keen on green and purple sleeves with the original logo on them. That would be v. cool.

Great idea, I would buy them!

#6 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

I personally like the art on the backs of the cards by default, so I just use the clear FFG card sleeves.  Unfortunately they seem to ALWAYS BE OUT OF STOCK!  enfadado

#7 LMTRK

LMTRK

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

ODie said:

First thing I did when I picked up my copy of Android: Netrunner was de-sleeve some of my Magic decks to I could put my new cards in green and purple sleeves. :D

If they made some with the old logo I would be all over those too (might even use them for my original Netrunner decks).

~ Tim

#8 Runix

Runix

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

I would buy these if they made them as well.  My guess is that they are already in the works, and that for artwork they will be using Corp logos and Runner identities.

#9 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

I don't think they would make sleeves with the old logo, though. Anyway, I prefer plain opaque sleeves in the factions' colors (or close colors).

#10 Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

All I could think was:

Green...Purple.

...[scoff]...

Purple!...Green!

:lol:

X-Wing:

Spoiler
Netrunner:
Spoiler
Star Wars LCG:
Spoiler

#11 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

I think the Crypsis art would make awesome sleeves, maybe Scorched Earth also

#12 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

I would be very surprised if FFG has any rights to the specific art and graphic design elements of the original NR.

#13 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

No, but unless the license prevents Hasbro from printing ONR-related material, they could license the old cardback art to a card sleeve manufacturer.

#14 Internutt

Internutt

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

The problem with Netrunner sleeves is that they are less profitable than star wars or 40k sleeves. They can't afford to just release netrunner sleeves as the appeal simply isn't as global. People will buy 40k and star wars sleeves even if they don't play card games attached to those licenses.

You can't say the same for netrunner.

#15 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

No, but unless the license prevents Hasbro from printing ONR-related material, they could license the old cardback art to a card sleeve manufacturer.

Based on what I know of copyright and licensing, I would guess that this is extremely unlikely.

1. FFG doesn't have the rights to it as almost an absolute certainty.
  2. Hasbro almost certainly retains all rights to the ONR trademarks, but yes, there is also probably a non-compete clause in the contract for Netrunner-related items. Hasbro probably would agree not to publish any related product for the duration of the license's existence.
    • Have you seen the design and artwork for ONR lately? To call it "dated" would be an understatement, so the sole market for anything reprinting that design would be people with nostalgia.
    • They certainly wouldn't go out of their way to enhance a product being sold by another company, particularly given that...
  3. ...Internutt's absolutely right, this would be a niche product with a relatively limited fanbase. 40K, Star Wars, Game of Thrones and LOTR sleeves sell because of the license, not because of the game. Note that those sleeves aren't branded by the logos of any specific game: my FLGS tells me that they sell to people who like that property regardless of what games they play.

Bottom line, it'll be a cold day in hell before we see any artwork or design from ONR showing back up. FFG *might* make generic sci-fi themed sleeves with individual card art (put my vote down for Cyberfeeder or Breaking News sleeves) if they thought they could sell them to the community at large, but I note that there's a general dearth of Sci-Fi sleeves on the wall of my FLGS, which lends me to think there's not a large market.

• skwizzle likes this

#16 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

+1 for Netrunner card sleeves!

#17 Sully4071

Sully4071

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

I would love Netrunner sleeves.

Though, I'm not sure if the printed or graphic sleeves have a large enough market.  I know at one distributor, they have a lot of Star Wars sleeves left over.

Personally, I think the unsold star wars sleeves are because some of the art just isn't very exciting.

Either way, I would definitely buy a few packs of cool cyberpunk art sleeves.

I've ordered some Targaryen sleeves for my runner deck, and eye of sauron for my Corps.  They will have to do for now.  Though Lannister would also be a good pick for corporation.

Edited by Sully4071, 22 December 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#18 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

Just don't try ordering House Martell sleeves...

#19 Zorajit

Zorajit

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

I would be all over some Netrunner sleeves. My current flat red and flat blue sleeves are nice, but I'd like to be able to keep my cards protected, AND have a nice looking play board with good card backs. So, I'd definitely leap at the having either Runner and Corp backs, or (with slightly more grumbling) one for each faction.

#20 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

I like clear sleeves for my card games and use them exclusively. Always have, probably always will. I like the backs of the cards! 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS