Pilot: Gold Squadron Pilot 1
Y-Wing (18)
Upgrades:
Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Pilot: Chewbacca
YT-1300 (42)
Upgrades:
Marksmanship (3)Shield Upgrade (4)

It has 3 turret weapons and with Dutch giving Chewie target lock to add to Marksmenship, Chewie should pile on the hits and crits. Chewies ability and extra shield give him survivability and the Y-Wings are tough cookies to.
The big ships are very susceptable to being ioned as well with 2 Y-Wings. Flying slow and piling in the shots should make this a good list. I ran Han and 2 Gold Squadron with Cannon. Han had Marksmenship and Gunner, but gunner was a bit wasted.
What do you think?

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#2 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

I dont really like this list. I think It will get torn up by the Hansolo threeo that I assume allot of people are taking.  Not to belittle you or anythign, but I think this is great team for a newbie player to play as the 360s are a lazy mans flier

You have some major problems, Han solo is your biggest threat and needs to be dealt with first, if you get him taken down and have 2 y wings against 2 xwings. I think the Y wings will win. (depends on your flying skills.) However I feel that trading Chewie for Han wont happen as he has much greater fire power. Even with the no crits your going to be down before your hits make it through Hans Sheilds. You might be able to trade Chewie for 2 xwings. However doing a max of 2 damage per turn wont hurt the falcon much (though you do have the ability to drive him off the board, but requires hits with both y wings. I think a smart player will avoid the edges.
The team I plan on playing will tear this team to peices as well. A smart player will avoid range 1-2 and keep all three of your ships at 3 range. A player using a tie intercepter team will be able to boast out of your ion range. Lets not forget your main source of damage is only at three attacks (reroll blanks with crits as a focus) So your going to be hitting 3 dice, and on average against the imperial player your going to be rolling against some horrible odds. You would have some much better odds if you used a gunner, and my honest oppion is the way your playing your marksmenship is a waste

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#3 Prevenge

Prevenge

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

the 360s create a rock-paper-scisors scenario with more maneuverable swarms that depend on staying outside of firing arcs to survive. While those typicallly tear up heavy hitter lists, they loose to the 360s where maneuverability can't get them to safety.  The heavy hitters usually do a number on falcons  since there's no evasion, and loose to swarms :D

While I'm not too crazy about Chewy.(I'd rather have an OUter rim with a heavy laser) I feel like maybe some of the ideas were in the right place, and maybe going a bit mroe in depth about them would help a lot.

#4 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Prevenge said:

While I'm not too crazy about Chewy.(I'd rather have an OUter rim with a heavy laser) I feel like maybe some of the ideas were in the right place, and maybe going a bit mroe in depth about them would help a lot.

Outer Rim Smuggler can't take the Heavy Laser Cannon.

#5 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

interesting idea. while i can see the natural synergy with dutch giving Chewie freee target locks i personally would prefer to make room for gunner on the Falcon and let it operate on its own steam a bit more. I do think this bouild would do well against other big ships. im just unsure giving up the firepower of 1-2 X-wings is worth it. what testing have you done? have u considered boost over shield upgrade? i think it could keep your falcon out of harms way a bit and shoot past the odd potential blocking enemy.

im wanting to try a 2 falcon build that uses han (gunner+determination) and chewie (gunner+draw their fire)… the tactics will be to keep my ships at both ends of the battlefield and consentrate fire in the centre and then later in the game link the ships up to abuse chewie with draw their fire (which becomes very good once hans shields r gone and he is eating crits).

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#6 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

Han is a problem for anyone, I fly him with Gunner and 2 Y-Wings or 2 X-Wings, I know what he can do.

Let's deal with the concept of staying out of range 1-2 first, although sound in theory, it's damn hard to do against turrets and still make shots with forward fire arcs. The Y-Wing may not be super manuverable, but it can keep you in range 1-2.

The comment on lazy mans flying for newbies is an interesting one, manuvere wise, maybe somewhat, but this or the Han build rely on co-ordinating moves to put the right targets in the right place. In general, it's not hard to put hits on X-Wings or the big ships with ion cannons and if you do that, staying out of X-Wing fire arcs is not hard and it's not that hard with Firesprays either.

Now, let's look at firepower. With Marksmenship and a Target Lock, Chewie rolls his dice, any hits or crits stay, as do any eyeballs, target lock rerolls any misses then marksmenship changes all eyeballs to a crit and hits. At range 2 you are almost certain to get 2 hits and a crit, at range 1 a crit and 3 hits. Bad rolls are bad rolls, but that's just the way the game is and sometimes you miss, but this set up means that is highly unlikely.

Now let's trade blows with Han vs Chewie, Han will shoot first, he's likely to score 3 hits maybe a crit, I might evade 1 so 2-3 shields gone. I return fire, almost certain of 2 hits and a crit, so 2-3 shields gone. Repeat. Now we are into Hull points, Han gets the same 3 hits, maybe 2 and a crit, Chewie doesn't care about crits, Chewie hits back, 2 hits and a crit going through is most likely. Han does care about crits so we are both on the same hull points, but Han has a handicap from the crit. Now with my extra shield I'm probably at least one hull point up and if I've been smart, the X-Wings are having a nice drift out of position and I'm shooting Han with the Y-Wings as well and I have a good chance of putting 2 damage and 2 Ion tokens on him.

Han is going down.

Don't forget Y-Wings can take some punishment as well.

The lists I fear most are actually swarms and Ptl and Stealthed Intercptors as actually getting hits through is hard on the later and the other just has firpower that you can't stop. I fly Vader with Concussion Missiles and Stealth, Turr with Ptl and Stealth and Soontir with PtL and Stealth. They tore up everything they flew against including Han, you just can't hit them. They would do a number on this list as well, but this would probably survive better than the Han X-Wing list against them.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?

#7 Prevenge

Prevenge

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

I agree about Han, I feel like there are cards for the around the same points diffrence(between chewie/han) that fix dice to offset Han's ability. So really your looking at Pilot skill vs added durability.

I've played Han + lando +2 gunners before. I've seen the silly amount of dice fixing Han can get. At a certian point it gets redundant. I don't see much reason to stack Han farther with dice fixing cards, so he usually winds up getting assault missiles,engines or expose and that's it. To make him Chewie, all he needs is draw fire on something else. Chewie on the other hand can easily stack in pretty much all dirrections with cards. 

Now let's not discount pilot skiill. I've seen hon one-shot a lot  of  ties at the top of the round. That usually mitigates 1-2 points of damage, a turn. it kind of offsets chewie's ability. (sometimes, and then some)

In my oppinion, chewie has the ability to upgrade to become Han+(or at least Han-like). Han does not have the option to downgrade to be Chewie. I guess it depends on where you want to spend your points at the end of the day. If you need that 4 points somewhere else badly, chewie's an option.

#8 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

Honestly, because there is so much parity in the game now, I feel that any list can beat any list on any given day. What you have to try and account for, will your squad beat these squads:

1. Han and 2 Xwings
2. Han and 2 Ywings
3. Han and Lando
4. Wedge, Tycho, and other
5. Awings with Missiles
6. 4 Xwings
7. Firespray with 4 TIEs
8. 2 Firesprays
9. TIE Swarm
10. 4/5 Interceptors
11. TIE Advanced with Missiles
12. Wave 1 combos (Wedge/Dutch/Luke/Biggs) with Wave 2 upgrades
13. As you noted, Imperials with Stealth

I think these are the squads you will be facing, and there may be others that haven't been discussed on the forums yet. You may have set in your mind how you're going to play against a certain squad, but you will likely have to alter your play style when facing a different squad. Each of these squads that I listed plays differently. Can your squad handle being played in a different way? That's what you have to ask yourself, IMO. Lord knows I've cycled through many squads trying to find one that will work against multiple squads. Either way, mostly just have fun and make new friends. :)

The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

#9 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

I'm with Hothie on the fun part, I'm not a win at all costs guy. No list will be all conquering and player skill plays a big part.

I think Han and 2 Y-Wings is one of the nastiest lists out there. Don't get me wrong, I like to win, but I like to enjoy that win and if my opponent has no fun, then the game loses something.

#10 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

hothie said:

Honestly, because there is so much parity in the game now, I feel that any list can beat any list on any given day. What you have to try and account for, will your squad beat these squads:

1. Han and 2 Xwings
2. Han and 2 Ywings
3. Han and Lando
4. Wedge, Tycho, and other
5. Awings with Missiles
6. 4 Xwings
7. Firespray with 4 TIEs
8. 2 Firesprays
9. TIE Swarm
10. 4/5 Interceptors
11. TIE Advanced with Missiles
12. Wave 1 combos (Wedge/Dutch/Luke/Biggs) with Wave 2 upgrades
13. As you noted, Imperials with Stealth

I think these are the squads you will be facing, and there may be others that haven't been discussed on the forums yet. You may have set in your mind how you're going to play against a certain squad, but you will likely have to alter your play style when facing a different squad. Each of these squads that I listed plays differently. Can your squad handle being played in a different way? That's what you have to ask yourself, IMO. Lord knows I've cycled through many squads trying to find one that will work against multiple squads. Either way, mostly just have fun and make new friends. :)

I don't think it will be Han and Lando, I think it will be Han and Chewie to fear in the build set-up.

#11 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

if I had a shot at going to a regionals anywhere, I'd probably be taking Han with Chewie, Nien, Elusiveness, and the MF title with 2 gold squadron Y's with turrets. Han can use the evade action and the elusiveness trick whenever he's in danger, Nien makes elusiveness not so punishing, Chewie continues to keep him alive through a crit, and the Y's set up shots or ion stuff into rocks.

So technically, Chewie is in the squad… kinda…

#12 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

I usually fly Han with the 2 Y-Wings, but in this list I was looking for some different synergies. I just can't bring myself to fly Han and Chewie in 2 YT's. It's not that it's not effective, it's just it's not how I see the Star wars universe.

Personal preference and probably a handicap to me :-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS