Photo

Are there demo decks anywhere for this like A game of thrones?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Grumium

Grumium

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Are there any demo decks for this like in AGOT? I checked on the support part but I don't see anything yet. I would like to try a demo game out with my brother before I decide to purchase this.  I would like to get him interested in it so we don't have to play magic all the time. I like the LCG format alot better.

#2 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Grumium said:

Are there any demo decks for this like in AGOT? I checked on the support part but I don't see anything yet. I would like to try a demo game out with my brother before I decide to purchase this.  I would like to get him interested in it so we don't have to play magic all the time. I like the LCG format alot better.

You should ask your local game store if they have a spare core set that you can demo with in store. Otherwise, you'll just have to buy the core set. What you can also do is look up a card list for the core set (which I'm sure is out there), print off the card images (and make darn sure you're only doing this for personal use. I'm not condoning copyright infringement in any way) for your favorite corp and runner, along with all the neutrals. Put the corresponding neutrals together with corp or runner and you've got your demo decks. I would definitely try the LGS first, though. It's the least hassle, unless you have a really nasty LGS owner… which means you should probably find a different game store anyway… and you're also already around people that know the game if you have questions during your first couple games.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#3 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

Presuming the LGS isn't awash with MtG and YuGiOh players all the time, which is the case for pretty much all gaming stores ever.

Buy the core set. If you don't like it, ebay it? I'm sure there are some people that would like a second (or third) copy for a few bucks less than cost. And, though you may be taking a hit, think of it as a movie rental or like the cost of going out to see a movie. You had several hours of fun with it, and now the movie is over. (this is how I justify my games purchases… though I never sell them back. lol)

#4 Grumium

Grumium

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

The only thing that the local store has is magic and sports cards. They have magic stuff on the weekends and thats it. There is a place I can go if I want to drive an hour and a half  to 45 min away.

There are 3 walmarts, 1 books a million, Target, and a Toys are Us here. The only FFG game that any of them has is Pandemic. I am so tired of playing magic. I work afternoons so the only time for me to play is weekends. If I want to get this it would be online. So then I would need to wait about 4 to 5 days to get it after online purchase. Thats the  reason why I was asking about a demo deck. I could just print and try it out. 

#5 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

The rulebook tells you how to construct the standard decks from the core set. You can find the scans for all the cards at cardgamedb.com, and the rule book is available in the support section of this website.

#6 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

You can try OCTGN if no one plays Netrunner in your area.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS