• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bob_no_Oni

Bob_no_Oni

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Greetings all,

So, the talk about what AP stood for in the general discussion area got me thinking. would it be possible to make an all AP deck, or one that deals with doing damage while defending and scoring? If so, what would be the best Corp to run from? It looks like Jinteki would be good but just not completely sure how the Influence would go also. What is everyone's opinion on this? The main reason I am asking is due to liking to play things out of the ordinary.

#2 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

You can't literally make a deck whose only ICE all do damage. Only two of them so far can end runs (Heimdall 1.0, Wall of Thorns). Without that subroutine, a runner can get pretty cooked by your ICE and yet survive to steal your agendas. I've even heard stories of a runner getting hit by all of Janus 1.0's subroutines and yet going to win with just a 1-card hand size. There's also too few of them and not enough influence to go around.

That said, if you don't mind a couple of non-AP ICE in your deck, it can be done. And your options aren't limited to just Jinteki- Haas-Bioroid does AP as well (and is a bit nastier).

#3 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

Bob_no_Oni said:

Greetings all,

So, the talk about what AP stood for in the general discussion area got me thinking. would it be possible to make an all AP deck, or one that deals with doing damage while defending and scoring? If so, what would be the best Corp to run from? It looks like Jinteki would be good but just not completely sure how the Influence would go also. What is everyone's opinion on this? The main reason I am asking is due to liking to play things out of the ordinary.

The trick here is that you get to surprise them with each piece of ICE once. Twice if you use a Corporate Troubleshooter on it. It doesn't matter how nasty the subroutines are if the runner can afford to break it, and the runner will generally not run against ICE that can't be broken.

#4 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

Messenger said:

You can't literally make a deck whose only ICE all do damage. Only two of them so far can end runs (Heimdall 1.0, Wall of Thorns). Without that subroutine, a runner can get pretty cooked by your ICE and yet survive to steal your agendas. I've even heard stories of a runner getting hit by all of Janus 1.0's subroutines and yet going to win with just a 1-card hand size. There's also too few of them and not enough influence to go around.

That said, if you don't mind a couple of non-AP ICE in your deck, it can be done. And your options aren't limited to just Jinteki- Haas-Bioroid does AP as well (and is a bit nastier).

I won last night taking 3 brain damage from a Janus run halfway through the game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS