• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mikerebby

mikerebby

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Hey Everyone,

I've contacted one of the artists that does some of the artwork for SWLCG, X-Wing, and Edge of the Empire. He's being incredibly generous and has agreed to do an interview for swcommonground.com. 

As I compile some questions to ask, I thought I'd check here and see what others in the FFG Star Wars community might want to learn from one of the game illustrators.

So if you have any questions you'd like answered, post them here, I'll take a few and mix them into the interview.

Thanks!

#2 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Depending on the cards he painted, will he sell prints and how much and where to buy? thanks

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#3 Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Is he attending Gen Con this year? If so, does he know where he will be located for people who want their card(s) signed?

#4 JKoellner

JKoellner

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

How much of the idea for the image is his own? How much of the idea is dictated by FF? 

Does the card effect influence the design of the image?

Star Wars LCG - Level Up Games Minneapolis Season One 2014 - Regional Game Night Champion

#5 naken77

naken77

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

What character in SWG is his favorit to draw?

and 

Which of the cards hes drawn does he like best?

#6 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

How does the relationship between LFL, FFG, and the artist all shake out, art-direction-wise?

#7 cdgodin

cdgodin

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

Well, which artist is this? That will kinda influence my question.

#8 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

Another artist-dependent question: What's the deal with the Death Star II in Death and Despayre's art? :P

#9 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

What percentage of your final image would you say typically makes it onto the card?

#10 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

It's too late for me to edit my prior post, but I'd like to change my question to:

Have you ever been required to alter one of your images based on feedback from Lucas Licensing?

#11 mikerebby

mikerebby

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

The interview is now up on the site! Thanks for contributing - a lot of the questions overlapped with ones I had prepared, so I tried to integrate or expand where possible. 

Check it out here: http://swcommongroun...tist-tony-foti/

#12 cephalgia

cephalgia

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

mikerebby said:

The interview is now up on the site! Thanks for contributing - a lot of the questions overlapped with ones I had prepared, so I tried to integrate or expand where possible. 

Check it out here: http://swcommongroun...tist-tony-foti/

very cool

#13 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

Awesome. Thanks for doing that!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS