Edge battle question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jengland

jengland

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

If I have multiple characters out such as Luke, Han, and Yoda and I attack the DS players 1st objective with just Yoda the DS player then declares defenders and an edge battle is performed.  Okay then after that resolves I decide to attack the DS players 2nd objective with Han and Luke.   The question I have is will there be another edge battle performed?  I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but I just want to confirm. 

Thanks in advance!!!

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Yes as every engagement consists of these steps every single time:

engagement steps:
1. Declare Objective
2. Declare Attackers
3. Declare Defenders
4. Fight Edge Battle
5. Resolve Strikes
6. Reward Unopposed

#3 jengland

jengland

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

Thank you!!!

Toqtamish said:

Yes as every engagement consists of these steps every single time:

engagement steps:
1. Declare Objective
2. Declare Attackers
3. Declare Defenders
4. Fight Edge Battle
5. Resolve Strikes
6. Reward Unopposed

#4 NerdRulez

NerdRulez

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Ok but is there really enough cards to have an edge battle with every engagement?

#5 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

NerdRulez said:

Ok but is there really enough cards to have an edge battle with every engagement?

You  can put in as many or as few as you like in each engagement.  So why wouldn't there be.

#6 Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

I would assert that there is always an Edge Battle regardless of any edge cards played because either 1) LS or DS player gains edge through enhancements or unit/objective abilities or 2) the defending side (with at least one participating unit) automatically wins the edge if no cards are played and the edge on both sides is equal.  Skipping or rushing through this step could result in missing the Player Action window between the Edge Battle and resolving the first strike in the conflict phase.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS