Action Window after declaring attackers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 keggboy777

keggboy777

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

How does this work with the action window.

1. I picked the objective to attack

2. I declared my attackers and moved them up.

3. Action window

4. LS played Jedi Mind Trick and targeted a character unit and placed one focus token (force was wth DS)

5. Then LS declared defenders.

My question is does that keep the targeted character unit in the attacker position with a focus token or does it move them back to play area focused?

Is the declaring of attacker and the moving them up one action? Or are those two actions?

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

keggboy777 said:

How does this work with the action window.

1. I picked the objective to attack

2. I declared my attackers and moved them up.

3. Action window

4. LS played Jedi Mind Trick and targeted a character unit and placed one focus token (force was wth DS)

5. Then LS declared defenders.

My question is does that keep the targeted character unit in the attacker position with a focus token or does it move them back to play area focused?

Is the declaring of attacker and the moving them up one action? Or are those two actions?

Firstly there is no "moving up action"

Engagement
Resolution

Active player declares attackers. (Unit is declared as attacker)

PLAYER ACTIONS (Jedi Mind Trick would be played here)

Opponent declares defenders.

Jedi Mind Trick would keep the character exhausted yes but he is still part of the engagement as it was done after attackers were declared.

#3 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

it's all exactly on p31 of the rule book 

#4 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

To clarify, the "moving up action" is more a gesture you make with the cards to make it clear to yourself and your opponent, which cards on both sides of the table are currently participating in the engagement.

So, in the OP's example, it would go like this;

I declare an attacker against your Objective

*Action Window*

You play Jedi Mind Trick on my attacker

Option A: You declare no defenders, the attacking unit cannot focus to strike and thus wins edge by default.  I could play edge cards, either to clean out my hand or dump a Target of Opportunity in there to add a damage to the engaged Objective.  After that, since it's an unopposed engagement, the engaged Objective would take 1 damage.

Option B: You declare a defender or defenders.  Edge battle happens.  After the edge battle, my attacking unit sits there powerless with a Focus token, and you resolve your defending strikes.

Either way, the engagement still progresses, but the Focus'ed attacker cannot really do much other than be there for unopposed damage, or get totally wrecked by a defending unit.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS