Photo

When can we expect the release of each new Force Pack?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

As a TO, the question speaks for itself. I am trying to organize tournaments around the "expected" avalability of new expansions but alas looking at the other card games it seems the release dates are little more than coincidence. Each month, sometimes month and a half, sometimes month and a week…

Since the players really need an advanced notice of when and where the tourney will be held, I was thinking of setting the date on the last weekend of each month since that seems like having the biggest probability of Force Pack having been released.

Any thoughts on that?

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

There will be a new pack each month. If you set it for end of each month that is good as the pack will have lots of time to arrive for the month. 

#3 Scoob

Scoob

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

When I was playing LotR, I noticed that the shipping now designation on the upcoming page was the most reliable method of judging time. Sure, this only gives you a couple weeks notice, but I would imagine you could something like 3 weeks from any Force Pack changing status to "shipping now" to allow for people to get their new cards and take a few days to play with them. YMMV.

#4 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

Does YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary?

Welcome to the machine!

#5 Scoob

Scoob

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

MasterJediAdam said:

Does YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary?

Yep.

#6 scarletnite

scarletnite

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

How far out are you planning tournaments?

In our play group, we have used a standard, some what unspoken rule, that if a new pack come out the week of a planned event then it is not legal. So a 7 day lag time between release and legality in events. This doesn't hold for casual play though

Check out the The Smuggler's Den podcast, a Star Wars LCG fan podcast. Our Facebook page. Or email us at smugglersdenpodcast at gmail dot com 

#7 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

Well, we've discussed that and came to a consensus that as soon as the pack hits, it's legal - and it's up to anyone to get it. Since we're a small playgroup, that does not present a problem: those who will get will still lend cards to those didn't (as happened with Desolation of Hoth).

I am trying to set dates so that the pack will already be available, that's my problem. :)

So far I/we came to a conclusion that the best chance we have is setting the tourney dates on the last weekend of each month - since we're in middle Europe, it always takes at least week or more for the packs to get there following their NA availability.

#8 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

scarletnite said:

How far out are you planning tournaments?

In our play group, we have used a standard, some what unspoken rule, that if a new pack come out the week of a planned event then it is not legal. So a 7 day lag time between release and legality in events. This doesn't hold for casual play though

I guess you can do this if all agree in your area, but be aware that FFG has stated that once a pack has come out they are legal for any tournament (local and the first regionals). I can see this changing later after they build a library of cards.

So if someone that does not play in your area or is new to the game, they would rightfully be allowed to play said new cards just released if they show up to a tournament.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#9 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

That is so only for NA, for the rest of the world it is left up to TOs.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS