• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Anyone else remember this photo?

I recall it sparked a bit of debate about whether the Sturmprinz & Prinzluther occupied 2 or 4 squares.

Well, I sent an email to Zach this week requesting clarification, and the response was "The Sturmprinz and Prinzluther each occupy four spaces on the battlefield."

Which is pretty much what I expected, but it's nice to know for sure that I have absolutely no use for these two units…

#2 deedob

deedob

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

There was a debate about this? It has the same base as the first heavy walker. Seems obvious enough.

#3 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

Well, that photo was from a gaming session which I believe had some of the Dust designers in attendance, so that's why questions were raised.

#4 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

Ability to fit into 2 squares would be a great thing for those units.. They are way too big for normal tournament games..

#5 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Lska said:

Ability to fit into 2 squares would be a great thing for those units.. They are way too big for normal tournament games..

Agreed.  The Sturmprinz, in particular, would be a really cool unit that I would probably use a lot if it only took up 2 squares.

#6 Mike_Evans

Mike_Evans

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Agreed.  I made a proxy and played with it as a 2-space unit and it was awesome.  Taking up four spaces…. not so much!

#7 Stryc9

Stryc9

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

These heavy 4-square units never seem to get any play, and it's certainly not the AP cost that's doing it.

The SSU 2-square tanks on the other hand, different story, even without diagonal movement.

#8 Mike_Evans

Mike_Evans

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

I made a proxy to play with the Sturmprinz as a 2-square unit, because that's what I thought it would be.  It was fun and effective.  Unfortunately, at 4 spaces, it will be completely worthless, and not worth purchasing.  :(

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS