Dash and Frenzy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The Overlord

The Overlord

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

Qustion on the two of them… When do I have to play them? Can I play them at any time during a monster's turn or before I start using that monster?

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

It's been clarified you can use them anytime during a monster's activation.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Thanks to that clarification, Frenzy may make you overrun too : double move and then attack with frenzy.

#4 kalle

kalle

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

Is there anything preventing use of two dashes on a same monster of lieutenant on a same turn ?

#5 RagsMckay

RagsMckay

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

kalle said:

Is there anything preventing use of two dashes on a same monster of lieutenant on a same turn ?

"Two Overlord cards with the same name cannot be played on the same target in response to the same triggering condition."

I die...A lot.

#6 kalle

kalle

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

RagsMckay said:

kalle said:

"Two Overlord cards with the same name cannot be played on the same target in response to the same triggering condition."

But there isn't anything triggering those dashes, or is there ? I sort of thought that triggering thing to mean things like entering an empty space or something similar. But having two dashes to a lieutenant in some encounters is really strong, so I'd like to see something preventing the double dashing.

#7 RagsMckay

RagsMckay

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

The trigger for a card is when the card says you can play it. I beleive the Dash card states to play at the start of the monster's turn. So the trigger is the start of the monster's turn, as that is what triggers the ability to play the card.

I die...A lot.

#8 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Trigger for Dash (and Frenzy, no double-Frenzy either) is "Play this card when you are activating a monster during your turn." You don't double-activate monsters, so one Dash per activation.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#9 kalle

kalle

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Dam said:

Trigger for Dash (and Frenzy, no double-Frenzy either) is "Play this card when you are activating a monster during your turn." You don't double-activate monsters, so one Dash per activation.

Thanks for making this crystal clear :) I believe You have it right, I just didn't understand it from the rules.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS