Cruel Interrogations

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

After my copy of Cruel Interrogations comes into play, am I allowed to look at the card(s) I take from my opponent(s) hand(s) before capturing them?

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

MarthWMaster said:

After my copy of Cruel Interrogations comes into play, am I allowed to look at the card(s) I take from my opponent(s) hand(s) before capturing them?

Before capturing?  Not really… but you can look at them once they are captured per the FAQ.

#3 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Yeah, it is not like Interrogation or Take Them Prisoner, where you look at the hand and then choose …

You will notice that they each specifically allow you to look, whereas Cruel Interrogations does not.

Welcome to the machine!

#4 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

MarthWMaster said:

To quote the card;

"Reaction: After this objective enters play, take 1 card at random from each opponent's hand. Capture those cards at this objective."

So no, you would not be able to look at the cards before capturing them, because the selection must be random.  However, once you have taken the random card, feel free to look at it all you like.  The Light Side player can't look at the card once it has been placed under the Objective as a captured card, so as the Light Side player, especially when dealing with that Objective and Interrogation, some memory work will need to come into play if your cards are all captured and spread around.

#5 dj9091

dj9091

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

There is nothing that says the LS player can't fan the cards out with the backs toward the DS player so the LS player can see the card being chosen.  The direction was just that the "captured" card was to be placed face down under a DS objective.  Granted the DS player may not like this, but I don't see where this is technically wrong.  Any thoughts?

DJ

#6 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

No Dj there is nothing wrong with that. Even more so as the LS player looking at all his cards before one is taken and then putting them facedown and letting the random card be drawn. Then the LS player should be able to see which card was taken from the remaining cards.

Unless they have a terrible memory, then forget everything I said…..

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#7 Kordos

Kordos

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

I do a similar thing to stop my facial expressions from giving anything away

#8 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Kordos said:

I do a similar thing to stop my facial expressions from giving anything away

^This

Whenever I play a card game and my opponent uses some effect or ability to take a random card from my hand, I just shuffle and fan them face down on the table so my opponent can't "read" me.  Maybe it's being paranoid, but there's no sense in giving anything away if you don't have to.

#9 dj9091

dj9091

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

Actually, that's a good idea.  The person I play with keeps her cards in this order (from my view, left to right, fate, enhance, unit, event).  I don't know how many of each she holds, but I have a good bet of where she pulls from, what kind of card she is going to play.  It also helps me get a better chance of capturing a unit vs. a fate card.  So, mixing them on the table helps the holder's odds a bit more.

#10 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

dj9091 said:

Actually, that's a good idea.  The person I play with keeps her cards in this order (from my view, left to right, fate, enhance, unit, event).  I don't know how many of each she holds, but I have a good bet of where she pulls from, what kind of card she is going to play.  It also helps me get a better chance of capturing a unit vs. a fate card.  So, mixing them on the table helps the holder's odds a bit more.

This is largely why I do the random shuffle and face-down fan on the table.  I like to organize my hand by keeping things together, but when something random needs to happen, I mix it up so my opponent can't guess something like "well…he usually keeps the Fate cards on his right, so…"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS