General Request....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Crow T Robot

Crow T Robot

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:39 PM

Hi, just a request from me to someone out there who may be good at making custom stuff and own the original Third Edition Talisman. I painted up the characters " not the expansions " and would love to use them in the Revised 4Th Edition but would like the character cards and some of the abilities to be modified for game balance. If someone can get around to that it would be great.... Ray.

#2 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

Hey Crow. I think most of the people herein are pretty wrapped up in doing their own projects. Have you been over to Talismanisland.com lately? 

Jon New of TI has some graphic templates for making 4th revised cards. They come in both Photoshop and plain PNG or JPG (?) to use in any graphics progam, including the FREE "Gimp" for Windows (search it on Google). Jon also has the appropriate fonts as well, which you can find in the "Resources >> Downloads" page.  Head over and have a look.

#3 Crow T Robot

Crow T Robot

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:43 AM

Hi and sorry it has taken so long to get back here. Yeah I know everyone is wrapped up but just threw out a general request that someone with more talent at it than I might consider it. I keep looking over and Jon's site and love the stuff and will continue to see if anyone puts up something that comes close to the 3rd edition characters. They would also have to be redone cause there are " in come case Gross " imbalances and differences in say both warriors or the dwarves just to mention those two.... So this would be no easy task and something way beyond me " at least at the moment.... "

#4 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:41 AM

AH, I see.  Well, nothing I can do for you there since I never bought nor player 3rd (I'm not a Warhammer fan and was quite put off by slanting Talisman that direction, though I know there are others who were enthused by it.)  But I have acquired sames of the 3rd stuff now, and am wondering with characters you were after and adjustments you think are necessary.

Over half of them seem a bit high on stats, though special abilities are often more in control than in additional similar characters introduced in 2nd.  Some the images on the scans are art-based, others are miniature based, so they aren't all matching... unless of course you want some other art, then there are limitied options. (I might be able to come up with some, but not all, and of course it would match the miniatures you have.)

Some of the special abilities definitely have to be altered, especially since 3rd use and "experience" system instead of a "trophy" system. I have a few ideas on that.  Talk to, and as time permits, I'll see what I can I do... a couple at a time.

#5 Crow T Robot

Crow T Robot

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:13 AM

Thanks much. I need to pull them out and look them over again. I was thinking maybe there could be an alternate, warrior, elf, dwarf, wizard...etc or even a copy on the stat card but with art change to represent the more barbaric looking warrior of 3rd edd and so on would be ok. Just thought that an alternate character with similar abilities would be nice. My fav character from 3e would have to be the Scaven but there are no Rats for him to use his ability with I have not looked at all the Reaper adventure cards yet so don't know if there are any rats in that one....

Just to thoughts off the top of my head here at work. I realize that not that many folks bought both 3e and the 4th and I did not get ANY of the 3e Expansions,,, missed out on those.....

#6 Shadow345

Shadow345

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

Rvd 4th ed Dungeon expansion should have some enemy rat encounters. The 2nd edition did. There are no rat enemies in the reaper expansion.

#7 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:25 PM

Shadow345 said:

Rvd 4th ed Dungeon expansion should have some enemy rat encounters. The 2nd edition did. There are no rat enemies in the reaper expansion.

Maybe that there are some rats (skaven or rat ogres in the dungeon expansion. It would be nice..

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS