Photo

Star Wars LCG Regional at Games Plus in Mount Prospect, IL (Northwest Suburb Chicago) Apr. 27, 2013

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 tofubones

tofubones

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

With roughly a month to go, I thought it would be a good time to post some more detailed information for the Star Wars LCG Regional at Games Plus.

Place: Games Plus, 101 W. Prospect Dr., Mount Prospect, Illinois, 60056

Date: Saturday, April 27, 2013

Time: 10 am (registration/check-in begins), 11 am (first round begins)

Registration: We have 18 seats.  If you want to reserve a seat call Games Plus at 847-577-9656

Format: 4 or 5 Rounds of Swiss pairing depending on turn out, each round will last 60 mins, top 4 cutting to untimed elimination rounds.

Rules: All standard Star Wars rules, as outlined in the Core Set Rulebook, Current FAQ, and Tournament Rules will be followed.  Each player must bring both a Light Side Deck and Dark Side Deck, each deck must follow normal deck building rules; ie each deck consits of at least 10 objective sets.

Entry Fee: $15.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Edit: Entry Fee has been increased to $15.  And we have limited space so register if you want to guarentee a spot.

#2 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

This is very disappointing. Same day as my wife's birthday.  I am unable to attend this one. 

#3 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

TGO said:

This is very disappointing. Same day as my wife's birthday.  I am unable to attend this one. 

Divorce…

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#4 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

JMCB said:

TGO said:

Divorce…

its cheaper to keep her. 

#5 Sheik

Sheik

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Who has a two-bladed Sith Saber and is going to be there?

This guy!

#6 tofubones

tofubones

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Sheik said:

Who has a two-bladed Sith Saber and is going to be there?

This guy!

You have a two-bladed Sith Saber?

#7 Sheik

Sheik

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

This is not the Two-Bladed Sabre you are looking for. Move along.

#8 Saej

Saej

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

tofubones said:

Format: 5 Rounds of Swiss pairing, each round will last 50 mins, with 10 mins between rounds.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I think the tournament rules state rounds ate 70 minutes, but a TO can lengthen or shorten it by up to 10 minutes for a result of 60-80 minute rounds.  Not sure if 50 is allowed, but more importantly, not sure if players will be able to finish their games AND have fun!

Just something to think about.

#9 tofubones

tofubones

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

Saej said:

tofubones said:

Format: 5 Rounds of Swiss pairing, each round will last 50 mins, with 10 mins between rounds.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I think the tournament rules state rounds ate 70 minutes, but a TO can lengthen or shorten it by up to 10 minutes for a result of 60-80 minute rounds.  Not sure if 50 is allowed, but more importantly, not sure if players will be able to finish their games AND have fun!

Just something to think about.

Well FFG is doing 50 min rounds 10 mins in between for their regional.  So that's where I came up with the timing.  My play group feels this is not unreasonable, and they will be the majority present.

The other consideration, if we did do longer rounds then there could only be 4 rounds of Swiss do to time restraints on the venue.

If during the first round it seems everyone is having problems finishing we'll adjust.

#10 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

No offense, but if you can only host 18 people, having 5 rounds is sort of silly. 4 rounds should be suffice to determine who would get top 4. I also played in a regional this weekend and at least one game went to time each round (and those were 70 min).

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com

#11 tofubones

tofubones

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

JMCB said:

No offense, but if you can only host 18 people, having 5 rounds is sort of silly. 4 rounds should be suffice to determine who would get top 4. I also played in a regional this weekend and at least one game went to time each round (and those were 70 min).

What you'd rather play fewer games?reir  Talking with other TO's I see the logic of having few rounds that are longer with a new game such as Star Wars.  Odds are we will probably get somewhere between 12-16 so 4 rounds will do.

#12 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

My group of 4 is going to this. Excited to try the new force pack out in a tournament.

#13 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

Thats assuming steve wakes up.

#14 tofubones

tofubones

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

JMCB said:

My group of 4 is going to this. Excited to try the new force pack out in a tournament.

Glad to here we're going to get some more people from outside our normal Meta.  It looks like the next force pack should be released this week.  Could certainly make the tournament interesting.

#15 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

How many people do you have signed up?

#16 tofubones

tofubones

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

When I was there today there were 10 signed up.  If JMBC comes with 4 then we are up to 14. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS