Two-weapon fighting?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TalkingMuffin

TalkingMuffin

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

I don't have my copy of the Beta yet, so I was hoping somebody could tell me how fighting with two-weapons works, if at all. Thanks!

#2 jtrowell

jtrowell

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

I don't have the book with me now, but from memory:

- increase the difficulty of the base attack by one, or two if you use weapons with different skills (like a blaster in one hand and a vibro-sword in the other)

- if you want to be able to hit several targets, you must use the hardest base difficulty (before increasing it as above)

- if you hit, you can spend advantages to have another hit with the same damage on the same target or another (I think that it's 2 advantages for the additionnal hit).

Hum, I'm starting to wonder if I'm not mistaking with the auto-fire rules, can someone else confirm ?

#3 TalkingMuffin

TalkingMuffin

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

Luckily, this was in the latest update. You are correct, sir! Thank you.

#4 LethalDose

LethalDose

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

jtrowell said:

I don't have the book with me now, but from memory:

- increase the difficulty of the base attack by one, or two if you use weapons with different skills (like a blaster in one hand and a vibro-sword in the other)

- if you want to be able to hit several targets, you must use the hardest base difficulty (before increasing it as above)

- if you hit, you can spend advantages to have another hit with the same damage on the same target or another (I think that it's 2 advantages for the additionnal hit).

Hum, I'm starting to wonder if I'm not mistaking with the auto-fire rules, can someone else confirm ?

No, I think you're spot on.  They did a good job of homogenizing the multiattack rules (two-weapon fighting, auto-fire, linked fire), so its fine to get them confused, since its the same thing.

It took a looooooooot of pushing on the devs at the end of beta, but they finally did it and I think its a great change.

-WJL

"All models are wrong, but some models are useful."  - George E. P. Box

#5 Diggles

Diggles

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Our converted Saga group did its first game with EoE a weekago the duel wielding pistoleer bodguard/hired gun tore several henchman a new one.

Actually seemed a bit too easy at short range and maybe even medium.  I think might have to houserule adding an upgraded difficulty die in there + the extra purple

#6 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Diggles said:

Actually seemed a bit too easy at short range and maybe even medium.  I think might have to houserule adding an upgraded difficulty die in there + the extra purple

It is something natural. It happened to me also when I started playing Warhammer 3. These games have a very high succeess probability.

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS