Black Squadron Assault

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 NerdRulez

NerdRulez

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Can someone who knows please explain this card. It says "Focus this objective to remove 1 focus token from a Black Squadron unit you contro".

The resource value for this objective card is equal to 1. If this card already has a focus token on it from using its resource, am I allowed to use the "Action" of the card and place an extra focus token on it to remove one from my unit????? Meaning, it will end up with 2 focus icons on the objective card instead of one.

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

No you cannot focus to use its action if it is already focused. That is addressed right in the rule book. 

#3 NerdRulez

NerdRulez

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Then can you please expalin a good time when this card would be handy because it seems kind cofusing. Thanks dude.

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

When you want to ready a Black Squadron unit to attack again at a different objective or have ready for defense. 

You know there is a Rules Question section right ?

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

NerdRulez said:

Then can you please expalin a good time when this card would be handy because it seems kind cofusing. Thanks dude.

You haven't used it to produce resources yet this turn, so it is currently unfocused.  Your Vader's TIE Advanced is attacking.  You strike with Vader's TIE, placing a focus token on it.  Later, you use Black Squadron Assault's ability to remove that focus token from Vader's TIE.  Now it can either strike again (if you removed it during that engagement) or participate in another engagement.

#6 NerdRulez

NerdRulez

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

I see. I will keep that in my mind. And thank you.

#7 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

It works well if you toss it in a Sith control deck.  If you manage to start your turn with your opponent's units all focused out, you could use Palps and Interrogation Droids to load them up so they won't refresh on the LS's next turn, and have Vader's TIE or TIE Advanced with the attached pilot engage an objective, then use Black Squadron Assault to let it have another go.

#8 NerdRulez

NerdRulez

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

You know I know your mom right?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS