When minions don't have skills…

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TalkingMuffin

TalkingMuffin

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

OK, I'm running "Long Arm of the Hutt" and noticed that the NPC write-ups don't have the nifty dice symbols. Not a big deal, but as I'm looking over their stats to assess the intitiative pool, I noticed they don't have "Cool". So, I just defaulted to their base stat.

My question is, if they don't have a skill, do you still upgrade dice for each minion past the first? I know you do that when they're skilled (as shown and explained under the Stormtroopers in "Escape from Mos Shuuta"), but what about when they're unskilled?

#2 TalkingMuffin

TalkingMuffin

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Nobody? Huh. And I wonder why it posted twice. Kooky.

#3 FuzzyLog1cZA

FuzzyLog1cZA

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

I don't have my books on me, but from what I remember reading, only skills the minions have get upgraded. Skills they don't have, don't ever get upgraded, so the whole minion group sucks at Cool if Cool isn't a minion skill.

#4 aramis

aramis

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

TalkingMuffin said:

Nobody? Huh. And I wonder why it posted twice. Kooky.

Only the listed skills get updated; other skills may, if you as a GM have a reason, be added to their skill list, but as written, just roll the attribute.

#5 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

TalkingMuffin said:

My question is, if they don't have a skill, do you still upgrade dice for each minion past the first? I know you do that when they're skilled (as shown and explained under the Stormtroopers in "Escape from Mos Shuuta"), but what about when they're unskilled?

Nope, you just use their base Characteristic.

So for the example of a Stormtrooper minion group, since Cool isn't one of their listed skills, they'd just roll their base Cunning regardless of whether there's one Stormtrooper minion or several Stormtrooper minions.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#6 TalkingMuffin

TalkingMuffin

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Thank you, everyone. Sorry it took me so long to post again. This helps!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS