Hoping for a fillable NPC generator…

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 TalkingMuffin

TalkingMuffin

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

..with snazzy icons for the dice. I love that the Beginner Set has the NPCs listed with those! It'd be very cool if we could get a program that did that for the different types (minion, etc). It makes calculating things a lot easier and enforces tacit acceptance of the dice.

What do you all think?

#2 Tohu

Tohu

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

I'd love one. It would be gerat for GM's.

#3 LethalDose

LethalDose

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

TalkingMuffin said:

..with snazzy icons for the dice. I love that the Beginner Set has the NPCs listed with those! It'd be very cool if we could get a program that did that for the different types (minion, etc). It makes calculating things a lot easier and enforces tacit acceptance of the dice.

What do you all think?

Sorry, why would this be useful to GMs?  There aren't rules/limitations for minion or other NPC creation, and figuring out skills for minions is pretty easy, too.

Personally, for PCs I just prefer to use a sheet to to track XP expenditures.

-WJL

"All models are wrong, but some models are useful."  - George E. P. Box

#4 robmox

robmox

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

Seriously thought, making fillable adversary cards would really help for those days when I need to make 50 NPCs for one play session (like today). Any ideas where I can get one like this but fillable?

#5 Ghostofman

Ghostofman

• Members
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

A character generator (NPC or PC), sadly, would be an "electronic game" under the license, and as such cannot be made in any official capacity by FFG...

MAGIC HEADPHONES PROTECT ME FROM THE SPACE!

#6 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

http://community.fan...cter-generator/
The GM tool is what you are looking for. Install this Use the web install so it will keep its self updated. Pop into the GM tool and you have what you are looking for, Import the adversaries from the import folder to have all the stuff that is already created available. Boom. 

• Daniel Anteron and Josep Maria like this

#7 Daniel Anteron

Daniel Anteron

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

The GM tool is what you are looking for. Install this Use the web install so it will keep its self updated. Pop into the GM tool and you have what you are looking for, Import the adversaries from the import folder to have all the stuff that is already created available. Boom. 

Here's an example of what a colored printed version would look like.

36XaBHw.png

• Josep Maria and Ghostofman like this

#8 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:24 AM

Damn you Anteron! You beat me to this! You shall now have poo flung at you!  :lol:

When I print to document with the Amazing Oggs Gen, it always goes to that stoopid XPS thing. I use a free web based converter to make into a JPEG then I can upload it to my Obsidian Portal page, Photobucket, iPad or whatever. Here are couple of examples.

StormiesMinionGroup_zpsc03f9d52.png

Midlevelhunter_zps2bba449a.png

AT-PT_zps99b87e4c.png

So Talkingmuffin, is this snazzy 'nough for ya?  ;)

Edited by R2builder, 02 April 2014 - 01:26 AM.

Please check out our group and leave comments at: https://edge-of-the-...dianportal.com/

#9 FangGrip

FangGrip

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

I use OggDude's program for my own game and my blog...when I get around to adding more of my NPCs it will seem more complete.

Check out a truly universal RPG with Free Starter Rules at www.AlphaChronicles.com!

Check out the Consummate Gamer Blog for everything that isn't Alpha Chronicles.

#10 Daniel Anteron

Daniel Anteron

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:35 PM

Damn you Anteron! You beat me to this! You shall now have poo flung at you!  :lol:

Sorry man just using my ninja speed.  :lol:

I really like how quickly you can create an encounter. In less than 10 minutes I created during a session a possible encounter. I can go on and on about how useful this program is all day. 

#11 w1r3d0n3

w1r3d0n3

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:24 AM

36XaBHw.png

How did you get it to look like that. I use Oggdudes and cant get that kind of result. Am I missing an option or something?

Never mind i figured it out.

Edited by w1r3d0n3, 03 April 2014 - 12:30 AM.

#12 Disteeler

Disteeler

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

36XaBHw.png

How did you get it to look like that. I use Oggdudes and cant get that kind of result. Am I missing an option or something?

Explain plz, I can't figure it out :(

#13 w1r3d0n3

w1r3d0n3

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

36XaBHw.png

Explain plz, I can't figure it out :(

You have to use the GM tools to create an encounter then add the adversaries to it. Then when you go to print the encounter it will look like that.

• Disteeler likes this

#14 Conviction

Conviction

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

all hail OggDude

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS