Misc. Questions after first play

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Poe

Captain Poe

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hey guys, i finally played my first game with my gf. We want to verify we're playing everything right, as i completely slaughtered her as the imperial navy vs her jedi. Halfway through the game she was so outnumbered by enemies the shouldnt couldnt really make it back, and it feels like the game was lopsided because of that… but it coulda been bad luck too.

Anyhow, questions:

1. When commited to an edge battle, you only count the edge cards, not the attackers and defenders force rating too. Confirm correct?

2. If a fate card has a force rating, it counts its force value in the edge battle, and then also triggers its effect, or do you have to pick that it only does one or the other?

3. Can an exhausted character defend? i know they cant use a resource to strike, but can they still jump in harms way to attempt to make the attack not grant the undefended bonus?

During the force check at the end, you add up all force ratings of characters without focus tokens. If you have no characters, do you count locations and enhancements that grant the bonuses even if there are no characters to add their bonus to? Can you commit cards to it, let the fate card i mentioned above that has a force rating and a fate effect?

Thanks!

#2 BD Flory

BD Flory

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Captain Poe said:

1. When commited to an edge battle, you only count the edge cards, not the attackers and defenders force rating too. Confirm correct?

2. If a fate card has a force rating, it counts its force value in the edge battle, and then also triggers its effect, or do you have to pick that it only does one or the other?

3. Can an exhausted character defend? i know they cant use a resource to strike, but can they still jump in harms way to attempt to make the attack not grant the undefended bonus?

During the force check at the end, you add up all force ratings of characters without focus tokens. If you have no characters, do you count locations and enhancements that grant the bonuses even if there are no characters to add their bonus to? Can you commit cards to it, let the fate card i mentioned above that has a force rating and a fate effect?

1) Correct.

2) You get both. Although note that you resolve the effects of fate cards before comparing totals for the edge battle, rather than the reverse. Important for Twist of Fate.

3) No. Only ready characters can be selected to attack or defend in an engagement.

4) You benefit from Jedi Training and similar effects regardless of whether you have characters in play. Note however, that enhancements attached to characters, such as Light Saber, do not add their force icons, even if the character to which they're attached is committed. Other cards such as objectives or enhancements modify your total if they explicitly say so, even if that total would otherwise be zero.

#3 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

You only add the Force icons of the units committed to the force that are not focused. 

#4 Captain Poe

Captain Poe

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

awesome. thats much more balanced. 

If you defeat the engaged objective before all the attacks are over, and some of the attackers have access to do "*" damage, can you deal that damage to another objective? Or is it wasted for that round? I assume you only ever attack one objective, as the book specifically states that you dont get to damage a different objective with the undefended bonus, and it specifically sates for tactical damage that you can chose targets no engaged, but i couldnt find it specifically. 

#5 BD Flory

BD Flory

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Captain Poe said:

If you defeat the engaged objective before all the attacks are over, and some of the attackers have access to do "*" damage, can you deal that damage to another objective? Or is it wasted for that round? I assume you only ever attack one objective, as the book specifically states that you dont get to damage a different objective with the undefended bonus, and it specifically sates for tactical damage that you can chose targets no engaged, but i couldnt find it specifically. 

Excess is wasted.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS