• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Interrupts- spending resources and how everything works- 

In the (un-specified, as such) framework- the exact breakdown of playing a card and paying for it goes

reveal the card

THEN generate resouces-

play the card. 

From this I get a lot of strange things - You can reveal cards you cannot currently pay for as long as it is at the correct time- If you can pay for it you have to- an interrupt could in theory happen between reveal and generating resouces resulting the card not being played-keeping the card in hand-

Lets just hope they never have anything that can trigger off reveal 

If there is a clarification that you cannot reveal without being able to pay the cost let me know

#2 BD Flory

BD Flory

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

just Logan said:

Interrupts- spending resources and how everything works- 

In the (un-specified, as such) framework- the exact breakdown of playing a card and paying for it goes

reveal the card

THEN generate resouces-

play the card. 

From this I get a lot of strange things - You can reveal cards you cannot currently pay for as long as it is at the correct time- If you can pay for it you have to- an interrupt could in theory happen between reveal and generating resouces resulting the card not being played-keeping the card in hand-

Lets just hope they never have anything that can trigger off reveal 

If there is a clarification that you cannot reveal without being able to pay the cost let me know

I think you're looking for rules issues where there are none. The rules are quite clear that once you reveal a card to be played, paying for it is obligatory. The rules indicate the "[the player] generates the required resources," not "[the player] may generate the required resources." If you *can't* (note: not if you choose not to) the card goes back to your hand.

It's pretty clear as it is.

On the speculative point, there's no reason they couldn't design a card that triggers off the reveal (such as, say, an interrupt that increases cost). The rules as they stand are robust in this case, and should be able to stand up to this kind of design work.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS