Extra resource cards

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NerdRulez

NerdRulez

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

When I play the extra resource card such as R2-D2 does it always stay in play after I pay the first resource?

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

NerdRulez said:

When I play the extra resource card such as R2-D2 does it always stay in play after I pay the first resource?

Yes, same as any other unit. 

#3 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Any  card with the resouce icon can be focused to generat resouces anytime. I cannot find a clear explanation of weither or not you have to use those resouces. 

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

just Logan said:

Any  card with the resouce icon can be focused to generat resouces anytime. I cannot find a clear explanation of weither or not you have to use those resouces. 

Whether or not you have to use those resouces? I'm not sure that I understand where your confusion is. You never have to focus a card and generate resocurces unless you want to. Also (unlike Magic), you cannot focus to generate resocurces except when in the process of paying for something.

#5 BD Flory

BD Flory

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

just Logan said:

Actually, this isn't true. You can only generate resources in order to pay the cost for playing a card or activating an ability, not "at any time." Furthermore, any resources generated in excess of that cost are lost. (Rule Book p16)

#6 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

Sorry I thought I had edited that right after posting- yes  you have to reveal a card to be able to focus for resources yes- hasty post combined with bad forum tech 

#7 shaggscoob

shaggscoob

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

just Logan said:

Sorry I thought I had edited that right after posting- yes  you have to reveal a card to be able to focus for resources yes- hasty post combined with bad forum tech 

Agreed, I wish this forum was a bit more mobile friendly.

#8 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

shaggscoob said:

just Logan said:

Agreed, I wish this forum was a bit more mobile friendly.

Fat chance of that, when it's not even PC/Mac friendly…

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#9 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

I browse all the time with iPod and have no issues but I do not use the iOS default browser, Safari.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS