Photo

A couple of Interceptor-centric builds….

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zathras23

zathras23

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

With wave 2 here I figured I might as well sit down and work up some squads using the new ships.

Fel & Friends

Soontir Fel (27)

• Daredevil (3)
  • Stealth Device (3)

Mauler Mithel (17)

• Veteran Instincts (1)
  • Engine Upgrade (4)

Saber Squadron (21)

• Veteran Instincts (1)

Saber Squadron (21)

• Veteran Instincts (1)

Total: 99 Points

I ran Fel this way at the KRT finals and was impressed with the way I was able to make a 180 turn using the Daredevil skill to stay behind targets and get a Focus in the process. Mithel is there as a psudo-Interceptor, giving me a skill level 9 pilot for the cost of a skill level 6 Saber pilot…not a bad deal IMO.

Phennir & Friends

Turr Phennir (25)

• Push The Limit (3)
  • Stealth Device (3)

Dark Curse (16)

• Stealth Device (3)

Saber Squadron (21)

• Veteran Instincts (1)
  • Stealth Device (3)

Saber Squadron (21)

• Veteran Instincts (1)
  • Stealth Device (3)

Total: 100 Points

This list is designed to abuse the Stealth Device as much as possible….yes I know it depends on luck with the defence dice but I believe it can work. Dark Curse will be a pain to hit with a Stealth Device and anytime Phennir is in your list Push The Limit is an auto-include on him (the same goes for Vader IMO).

#2 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

I like daredevil, but i love PtL on Soontir since he just gets 3 actions…

my List

Soontir Fel 27

- PtL 3

- Stealth Device

Turr Phennir 25

- PtL 3

- Stealth Device 3

x2 Alpha Squadron Pilot 36

#3 zathras23

zathras23

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

ForceM said:

my List

Soontir Fel 27

- PtL 3

- Stealth Device

Turr Phennir 25

- PtL 3

- Stealth Device 3

Fel only has one action and gets a second action with PtL but he will get a Focus when he uses it. Phennir is the one who gets three actions with PtL, which is why he never leaves my miniature case without it  Not a bad list in any case….adding it to my list of lists

#4 executor

executor

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

@ Zathras23

i made a very similar list to yours where i wanted to make a rebelish style imperial swarm (playing rebels with good firepower has really changed how i play this game) where i essentially am running 5 interceptors.. i've played a few games with this list and i haven't lost yet so only time will tell how good it is

100pts

Turr Phennir (25) w/ PtL (3)
Mauler Mithel (17)
Backstabber (16)
Saber Squadron Pilot (21)
Alpha Squadron Pilot (18)

this was the most output damage i found that could put out without cutting pilot initiative too much.. i desperately tried to fit in a swarm tactics to put on mauler mithel, but i would have to cut the saber squadron down to an Alpha, and if mauler mithel falls first (which he most likely will) i'm now stuck with 2 alphas that will be the next target and probably not get their next shots off

and i can't NOT play with Turr Phennir anymore due to how nuts he is against any list that doesn't include a falcon

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 4 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's

#5 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

zathras23 said:

ForceM said:

my List

Soontir Fel 27

- PtL 3

- Stealth Device

Turr Phennir 25

- PtL 3

- Stealth Device 3

Fel only has one action and gets a second action with PtL but he will get a Focus when he uses it. Phennir is the one who gets three actions with PtL, which is why he never leaves my miniature case without it  Not a bad list in any case….adding it to my list of lists

Technically both of them do not get a third action, just Fel gets a free token and Phennir a free boost. But practically those are free actions on both if them…

#6 GumbySmash

GumbySmash

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

So I'm not sure if it really fits the "Interceptor-centric" title, but the squadron I've been running…

Soontir Fel (27)

Pushing the Limit (3)

Stealth Device (3)

Turr Phennir (25)

Pushing the Limit (3)

Stealth Device (3)

Howlrunner (18)

Sealth Device (3)

Acadamy Pilot (12)

Stealth Device (3)

The whole group rolls together and turns the Interceptors into real killing machines. Rolling 5 attack at close range is brutal, and the 4 agility keeps all but the most lucky rolls from really hurting. I usually use focus and evasion with the PtL, Focus gaining attak advantage and the Evasion to stall the loss of the SD.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS