Question about The Bastard's Boys and Navel Superiority

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BtrLuckyThanGood

BtrLuckyThanGood

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

The senerio I have in my head that I'm not sure about is this and it's a 2 part question:

If I have Navel Superiority as my revealed plot and I have The Bastard's Boys and say Fleet from Wolf's Den on the board. I declare a Military with Bastard's Boys to push my claim up to 2. I then throw the Fleet in with the Navel enhancement to trigger Navel Superiority. Does the plot only raise from 2 to 3 because of the Bastard's Boys? or since the bastards boys response has already triggered and it was only raised to 2 at the time and Navel Superiority doesn' t have a limit does the claim actually go to 4? 

While I assume it stays at 3 I'm not really sure and if it does, does that mean Navel Superiority overwrote the claim of The Bastard's Boys? so when I do the next challege, Intrigue for example, without a navel enhancement is my claim still 2 or is it now back down to 1 because The Bastard's Boys was nullified when I triggered Navel Superiority? 

Thanks in advance. And sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm still relatively new to the game and was just really curious about this paticular interaction. 

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,213 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

BtrLuckyThanGood said:

If I have Navel Superiority as my revealed plot and I have The Bastard's Boys and say Fleet from Wolf's Den on the board. I declare a Military with Bastard's Boys to push my claim up to 2. I then throw the Fleet in with the Navel enhancement to trigger Navel Superiority. Does the plot only raise from 2 to 3 because of the Bastard's Boys? or since the bastards boys response has already triggered and it was only raised to 2 at the time and Navel Superiority doesn' t have a limit does the claim actually go to 4?
The "to a maximum of 3" from The Bastard's Boys applies as long as the effect of The Bastard's Boys applies. It is a limit on the maximum claim you can have period, not a limit on the maximum claim the Bastard's Boys can bring it up to. So no matter what the order of effects is, the claim would be 3, not 4.

BtrLuckyThanGood said:

IWhile I assume it stays at 3 I'm not really sure and if it does, does that mean Navel Superiority overwrote the claim of The Bastard's Boys? so when I do the next challege, Intrigue for example, without a navel enhancement is my claim still 2 or is it now back down to 1 because The Bastard's Boys was nullified when I triggered Navel Superiority?
There is no "overwriting". Both effects (Naval Superiority and Bastard's Boys) apply; it's just that when you apply both, the "maximum of 3" on Bastard's Boys says that no matter what the result of the  "printed claim + Army + plot" calculation may be, nothing higher than 3 can actually be used when you get to settling that claim.

So, when Naval Superiority is no longer part of that equation (at the end of the challenge), the effect of Bastard's Boys is still there until the end of the phase.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS