house rules

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 polynesian Azn

polynesian Azn

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

I've heard that you can use house rules that would allow you to add things like height and distance into consideration when playing this game.  I've looked for some house rules and I haven't found any.  I was wondering if you've heard of any and where can I find them

#2 DeadInkPen

DeadInkPen

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

polynesian Azn said:

I've heard that you can use house rules that would allow you to add things like height and distance into consideration when playing this game.  

Honestly I haven't heard of anything like that for this game. For distance you have the range 1 and 3 rule for primary weapons from the book. I really do not understand the need for height house rules, after all space combat is true spherical combat and not afftected by a lot of the things that would affect combat as being on a planet would. The system is a rules light game to make it flow easier. You can keep adding rules upon rules and turn the game into a clone of the Games Workshop, Privateer Press, and other companies games. If you really want to do something make up your own. My only advice is make sure that the other party you are playing with is cool with those. I have seen many fights over enforced house rules where one person wanted to play the game as is, and also house rules biting players in the butt when they go do tournaments because they have used house rules so much that they have forgotten what the normal ruels are.

#3 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

if you want altitude rules and such…try wings of glory or axis and allies (not the board game--the airplane game). 

#4 Boomer_J

Boomer_J

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

like this?

open in new tab to see it all

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS