Mobile Empire Build

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OldJim

OldJim

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

My venue is running a 150 point custom scenario detailed below and I was wondering what some of you thoughought of my build (if you don't want to read though the following text I understand. The main point is asteroids will be moving though the map.)

Turr Phennir (31)
Upgrades: Daredevil (3), Stealth Device (3)

Darth Vader (40)
Upgrades: Cluster Missiles (4), Push the Limit (3), Engine Upgrade (4)

Mauler Mithel (23)
Upgrades: Push the Limit (3), Stealth Device (3)

Krassis Trelix (56)
Upgrades: Cluster Missiles (4), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), Gunner (5), Engine Upgrade (4)

My main idea is to keep the squad a bit smaller to lessen the chance of accidental collison and to keep my units as mobile as possible with uses of boost and barrel roll.

The scenario (again feel free to skip, just know asteroids will be flying arround and feel free to comment on the scenario  itself, it is largely untested)

Setup:
- Field any 150 point team of either Imperial or Rebel alliance.
- Players must agree who will be the "low side" (1-3) while the other team will be the "high side" (4-6).
- The "Low Side" team will start more than range 3 away from the "High Side" edge facing the "Low Side" edge. "High Side" team will start within range 1 from the "High Side" edge.
- 2 asteroids start in play.

Special Rules:

Asteroid placement - Asteroids will enter from the "low side" player's left side. At the end of each Activation Phase AND Combat Phase, roll a d6. A roll of a 1-3 will activate an asteroid with range 3 of the "low side" edge. (1=range 1, etc.) A roll of 4-6 would activate an asteroid on the "high side" edge within range 1-3 in ascending order from the "low side" player's perspective. (ex. a roll of 4 would be range 3 away from the "high" edge). When an asteroid enters play, place a target lock icon on top. 

Determining asteroid direction - Roll another d6. Using the same rules for placement as the asteroid, place the corresponding target lock icon on the "low side" player's RIGHT side. This is where the asteroid is headed.

Determining asteroid speed - Roll a final d6 and use a corresponding "straight" movement ruler. A roll of 1 = 1 movement, 2 = 2 movement, 3 = 3 movement, 4 = 4 movement, 5 or 6 = 5 movement.

Asteroid damange - Rules for determining damage remain the same. Asteroids CAN overlap. If two asteroids occupy the same space, roll for damage. If a hit icon is rolled, destroy the smaller of the asteroids. If a critical hit icon is rolled, destroy both asteroids. If two asteroids occupy the same space AND have also managed to hit a ship, the player must roll for each asteroid following standard damage rules.

The last side with ships remaining wins. Due to asteroid rules, it is possible to end a round with no ships on the field.

#2 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

i like ur moving asteroid concept. ive thought about this in the past and it seems like a changing abttle environment could be pretty cool :)

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS