Photo

How Many A-Wings and TIE Interceptors Do You Own (and Why)?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

I have 2 A-Wings, and I can't really see using more than one at this point (i.e., to make a 4 ship Rebel build).  I don't usually play Rebels, so am probably just missing something.  But, when I play against them I don't see a lot on the board and they often go quickly.

I have 3 TIE Interceptors so I can do a 3 TIE (including Howlrunner) 3 TIE Interceptor squad.  It's been pretty tough so far.  Gives me one more attack dice per round than in a 7 ship TIE squad (my old favorite) as long as I can keep them around (but 3 less hull as I have to give up a ship to include them). 

I think I have as many or more of each as the several folks I play with.  How many do you have and why?

4 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  2 A-Wing  •  2 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  2 HWK-290

8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 2 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle

#2 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

5 A's 4 Int's…so I can build just about any squad I want, plus the cards.

#3 LedZep

LedZep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

I have 2 A wings and plan on getting 2 more…

I…have 8 interceptors. Why? Because with 4 I make any squad including avenger squadron with shield upgrades. The other 4 have stripes and I use them exclusively for Saber Squadron. I use Soontir with push to the limits, Fels Wrath, Turr, and Saber Squadron Pilot "DS-181-4" with veteran instincts. Its mostly a waste of ponts, but Im getting better at it. Soon I will be that SABER SQUADRON GUY who knows how to use interceptors XD.

#4 executor

executor

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

El_Tonio said:

I have 2 A-Wings, and I can't really see using more than one at this point (i.e., to make a 4 ship Rebel build).  I don't usually play Rebels, so am probably just missing something.  But, when I play against them I don't see a lot on the board and they often go quickly.

I have 3 TIE Interceptors so I can do a 3 TIE (including Howlrunner) 3 TIE Interceptor squad.  It's been pretty tough so far.  Gives me one more attack dice per round than in a 7 ship TIE squad (my old favorite) as long as I can keep them around (but 3 less hull as I have to give up a ship to include them). 

I think I have as many or more of each as the several folks I play with.  How many do you have and why?

i have 4 of each, and i ran a 4 A-wing list the other day for the first time against another rebel player with ease.
4x Green Squadron Pilot w/ Homing Missles x4 and Veteran Instincts x4

the list i was up against was Wedge, with 2 X-wings and an A-wing.  By the end of the game I had won with 2 A-wings remaining.. so it can't be all that bad

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 4 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's

#5 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Presently four TIE Interceptors (one flight group), and two A-Wings with the intent on having four. I like to stick to canonical numbers when it comes to squadron organization though I'm sorely tempted to get that fifth Tie Interceptor to strike fear and terror into the hearts of my enemies in the next tournament.

#6 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Five, and five. That's the maximum number that I can squeeze into 100 points.

Because Interceptors are awesome, I ordered another two.

#7 Lickintoad

Lickintoad

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

I just started playing, but my current plan is to get three of each Imperial ship and two of each Rebel ship, sans the Falcon and Slave I.  The reasoning is to have a single flight of each ship type, based on the old PC game's numbers.  (Rebels with a two-ship flight and Imperials with a three-ship flight).  Once I really start playing, I might get two flights of each.  But, with the 100-point limit, I can't see every running more than one flight of each ship.

To answer the actual question, I currently have two A-wings and two squints.

#8 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

executor said:

El_Tonio said:

i have 4 of each, and i ran a 4 A-wing list the other day for the first time against another rebel player with ease.

the list i was up against was Wedge, with 2 X-wings and an A-wing.  By the end of the game I had won with 2 A-wings remaining.. so it can't be all that bad

ah i love that list. You have medium initiative all across the board and the missiles are sure nice against anything. It's a pity one doesn't have tge points to put Celchu in it, or you have to lose some Missiles…

I have 4 Interceptors and 4 A-Wings. I just might have to get a 5th of each to run a rookie list. Especially 5 Interceptors still look pretty scary to me even without any special stuff on them.  I mean they are just awesome if you  look for firepower and dodge. And i do dig those 2 things above  other stats as it was what made the swarm work too! Also Soontir Fel is probably my favorite extended Universe Character, and ingame he is probably the coolest pilot to play. His partner Turr Phennir is equally awesome. They are the dynamic duo. Give them Push the Limit or stealth device or both and they are so ridiculously good its not funny (well until they ear some stray ion cannon shot or Falcon turret fire at least…)! Tycho being my second favorite, is somewhat the same calibre as Soontir…

#9 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

4 of each… as mentioned above, because that's the division of a "Flight Group".

#10 executor

executor

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

ForceM said:

executor said:

El_Tonio said:

ah i love that list. You have medium initiative all across the board and the missiles are sure nice against anything. It's a pity one doesn't have tge points to put Celchu in it, or you have to lose some Missiles…

I have 4 Interceptors and 4 A-Wings. I just might have to get a 5th of each to run a rookie list. Especially 5 Interceptors still look pretty scary to me even without any special stuff on them.  I mean they are just awesome if you  look for firepower and dodge. And i do dig those 2 things above  other stats as it was what made the swarm work too! Also Soontir Fel is probably my favorite extended Universe Character, and ingame he is probably the coolest pilot to play. His partner Turr Phennir is equally awesome. They are the dynamic duo. Give them Push the Limit or stealth device or both and they are so ridiculously good its not funny (well until they ear some stray ion cannon shot or Falcon turret fire at least…)! Tycho being my second favorite, is somewhat the same calibre as Soontir…

glad you like it, i enjoyed it quite thoroughly.. even after the first wave of attacks where i lost an A-wing before it even shot off its missle (this was bad placement on my part and put me in the line of fire to wedge), but even with only 3 missles and 3 A-wings.. with good manuvering and spending the right actions as needed i came out on top

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 4 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's

#11 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

I currently have 2 of each; it's more than adequate.

I'll be picking up at least 1 more A-Wing and 2 more Interceptors. The 3rd A-Wing gives me a 3rd Push the Limit and Homing Missile while making running a 5 ship Rebel build viable (I may crack out and get a 4th for the PtL). 4 TIE Interceptors make for a vicious squadron… this also probably means I'll eventually pick up a second Firespray to run 4 steath devices.

Clearly I have a problem.

#12 AnsibleTheta

AnsibleTheta

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

I'm the guy who likes having options so I have at least the max # for each model for 100pt squads

3 YT-1300, 3 Firespray-31, 9 TIE-LN(one got damaged), 4 TIE advanced, 5 TIE-IN, 4 Xwing, 4 Ywing, 5 Awing.

I still need a 5th Ywing to meet my goal, but money is tight right now, so that'll have to wait for a month or two.

#13 rowdyoctopus

rowdyoctopus

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

I have 3 A-Wings, and I plan to buy 3 Interceptors.  3 just seems right to me, though ideally I would have 5 to run the max possible in a 100 pt game.  I guess that means I need more X-Wings and TIE Fighters too then… lol.

#14 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Another:  '4 of each cause that's a standard flight'.

#15 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

I went ahead and got four A-wings and 4 Interceptors when the Wave 2 ships came in (along with a Falcon and Slave I). I wanted 4 of each because that seemed like a reasonable number to field. I Just picked up another Interceptor tonight to paint the red stripes on.

#16 Hedrahil

Hedrahil

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

One each… But im looking flor 1 more a wing And at least 3 more tie ins..

#17 zathras23

zathras23

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

I have 4 of each, mainly for the upgrade cards and the ability to run 4 ship squads of just A-Wings or TIE/Ints.

#18 Chainmaille Smith

Chainmaille Smith

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

I have 4 A's and want 4 Intercepters. The A's I ran with 3 green pilots and 1 Tycho. All with Push the limit and Tycho with 1 concussion missile. Took out 2 YT's in 4 rounds.

Rebel Alliance   5 A-wings 2 B-wings 4 X-wings 2 Y-wings 2 YT-1300
Galactic Empire 5 Tie Interceptors 2 Tie Bombers 6 Tie Fighters 3 Tie Advanced 2 2 Firespray-31
It is by will alone I set my pliers in motion. It is by the rings of Maille that hands acquire dexterity, the hands acquire wounds, wounds become a warning. It is by will alone I set my pliers in motion.

#19 DingusFett

DingusFett

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

My collection's very small so only one of each currently, but would love to have 5 of earch to try out using all A-Wing and all TIE Interceptor squads.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS