Poison with Jain Fairwood

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bihor

Bihor

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

When an attack deal poison and you change the damage in fatigue with the hero ability of Jain, do poison as an effect?

I add the argument with a friend, he was saying that changing the damage in fatigue ment that the attack did't do damage. But I said that the damage was dealed and then change in fatigue so the targue was poisoned.

#2 ZXTR

ZXTR

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

You were right. As combat rules described, firstly you determine how much damage is dealt, spend surges for abilities (in case of Condition if at least 1 damage is dealt), and finally, after all affects applied, Jain can suffer fatigue instead of health.

#3 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,675 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

I agree.  Jain's ability reads "When you suffer any amount of [Heart] from an attack…"  She must first be suffering wounds before she can make the choice to suffer it as fatigue instead, so the condition can be applied.

#4 Bihor

Bihor

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

cool.

Thanks

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS